2001-03-30 21:02:47

by Torrey Hoffman

Subject: Kernel Summit info?

One of the reasons I read the kernel mailing list is that it's educational
and fascinating to see the discussion between the kernel developers.

This weekend (including today) many of the well known Linux developers are
at the kernel summit meeting.

I'm sure that having a face to face meeting like that is a great way to get
a lot of work done quickly, and make some of the difficult decisions. I
don't begrudge the developers for having a meeting like that. I don't even
mind that it's invitation only. That was probably the only efficient way to
organize it.

However... for those of us who are curious, is there a web site somewhere
with information about the goings-on? What would be really nice is web cams,
or a RealAudio feed from the meetings.

Is anything like that available? I'm really hoping that some of the people
present at least post summaries about what the topics of discussion were,
what options were looked at, and what decisions were made. Are any
journalists there?

Thanks.

Torrey Hoffman

by Andres Salomon

Subject: Re: Kernel Summit info?

http://lwn.net/2001/0329/kernel.php3

The LWN kernel editor will apparently be doing some reporting for the
event.

<snip>

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when

2001-03-30 21:47:19

by Jeff Garzik

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Torrey Hoffman wrote:
> However... for those of us who are curious, is there a web site somewhere
> with information about the goings-on? What would be really nice is web cams,
> or a RealAudio feed from the meetings.

I don't have specific info, but the meetings are being webcast..

Jeff

2001-03-30 21:54:49

by Russell King

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 01:01:09PM -0800, Torrey Hoffman wrote:
> However... for those of us who are curious, is there a web site somewhere
> with information about the goings-on? What would be really nice is web cams,
> or a RealAudio feed from the meetings.

There isn't anything being broadcast on the web at the moment, but after
the meeting, webcasts should be available on the net. I believe that
they'll be up around 10th April.

--
Russell King ([email protected]) The developer of ARM Linux