2011-06-05 14:11:34

by Ilyes Gouta

Subject: Looking for a good reference, a book, on the Linux kernel

Hi,

I do know that this might not be the 100% appropriate place to place
such a request, but please bear with me.

I'm looking for a fine book describing the Linux kernel internals (mm,
scheduling, processes management, network stack, devices handling,
etc.) but also at the same time also explaining the rationale behind
the design and implementation decisions.

Do you know about any good references,

Thanks a lot,

-Ilyes

2011-06-05 14:12:39

by Ilyes Gouta

> Hi,
>
> I do know that this might not be the 100% appropriate place to place
> such a request, but please bear with me.
>
> I'm looking for a fine book describing the Linux kernel internals (mm,
> scheduling, processes management, network stack, devices handling,
> etc.) but also at the same time also explaining the rationale behind
> the design and implementation decisions.
>
> Do you know about any good references,
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> -Ilyes

Please CC me, when replaying, as I'm not subscribed to the mailing-list. Thanks!

-Ilyes

2011-06-05 20:42:38

by Khaled

Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love
Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daniel Bovet + Marco Cesati

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 03:12:18PM +0100, Ilyes Gouta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I do know that this might not be the 100% appropriate place to place
> > such a request, but please bear with me.
> >
> > I'm looking for a fine book describing the Linux kernel internals (mm,
> > scheduling, processes management, network stack, devices handling,
> > etc.) but also at the same time also explaining the rationale behind
> > the design and implementation decisions.
> >
> > Do you know about any good references,
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > -Ilyes
> >

> Please CC me, when replaying, as I'm not subscribed to the mailing-list. Thanks!
>
> -Ilyes

by Jesper Juhl

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Khaled wrote:

> Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love
> Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daniel Bovet + Marco Cesati

Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman
https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/

--
Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> http://www.chaosbits.net/
Don't top-post http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html

2011-06-06 10:30:12

by Ilyes Gouta

Thanks a lot guys!

-Ilyes

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Khaled wrote:
>
>> Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love
>> Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daniel Bovet + Marco Cesati
>>

> Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman
> ?https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
>

> --
> Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> ? ? ? http://www.chaosbits.net/
> Don't top-post http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/T/top-post.html
> Plain text mails only, please.

2011-06-06 12:06:12

by Sedat Dilek

[ QUOTE ]
On Sun, 5 Jun 2011, Khaled wrote:
> Linux Kernel Development, Robert Love
> Understanding the Linux Kernel, Daniel Bovet + Marco Cesati

Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition, Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro
Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman
https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
[/QUOTE]

[1] Professional Linux Kernel Architecture (English)