2011-06-19 16:13:12

by Fred Matthews

Subject: RE: Patching ath9k/mac80211 to change MAC layer features

Hi,

I would appreciate if anyone can help me with my previous query as?soon as possible.
Thanks!
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:39:09 +0100

Hello all,

I have a query regarding patching ath9k/mac80211 to change MAC layer features?and I would be most grateful if someone can assist.

I need to patch ath9k so that I can be able to?modify/fix the A-MPDU aggregation frame length and other parameters such that they can be configured at runtime via debugfs. I made a newbie attempt at trying to change the aggregate length (attached), but I am unsure of the correctness/efficiency??- when applied throughput varies with different frame lengths entered but I can't be sure if its actually changing the aggregation length (passes the framelen/aggr_limit). Hence I would be very grateful if someone can assist in the correct way of doing this (possibly directly via mac80211).

Also if the ampdu aggregate length is changed I believe the number/length of the subframes of the aggregate stays constant (at the default which is 32).?I try to change this in my patch?as well as the maximum software retries by just changing the?default?definition in ath9k.h, thus is there a (more) correct/better way of changing these.?Finally, how can I patch the driver to be able to disable Block-Acks/aggregation via debugfs or otherwise.

I highly appreciate, help in any of the above, as well as other advice,
Many thanks

Attachments:
aggr+subframe+retry_change_attempt.patch (7.80 kB)