2014-01-30 19:28:10

by Josh Boyer

Subject: imx-hdmi fails to build with v3.13-10094-g9b0cd30

Hi All,

After the DRM merge the imx-hdmi driver fails to build with the error
below. I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't hit in linux-next.

josh

drivers/staging/imx-drm/imx-hdmi.c:55:6: error: nested redefinition of
'enum hdmi_colorimetry'
enum hdmi_colorimetry {
^
drivers/staging/imx-drm/imx-hdmi.c:55:6: error: redeclaration of 'enum
hdmi_colorimetry'
In file included from include/drm/drm_crtc.h:33:0,
from include/drm/drmP.h:711,
from drivers/staging/imx-drm/imx-hdmi.c:24:
include/linux/hdmi.h:48:6: note: originally defined here
enum hdmi_colorimetry {
^
make[3]: *** [drivers/staging/imx-drm/imx-hdmi.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/staging/imx-drm] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/staging] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2
+ exit 1

2014-01-30 19:31:05

by Fabio Estevam

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After the DRM merge the imx-hdmi driver fails to build with the error
> below. I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't hit in linux-next.

Sachin has already sent a patch to fix this issue:
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2014-January/045167.html

Regards,

Fabio Estevam

2014-01-30 19:33:14

by Josh Boyer

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Fabio Estevam <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> After the DRM merge the imx-hdmi driver fails to build with the error
>> below. I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't hit in linux-next.
>>

> Sachin has already sent a patch to fix this issue:
> http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2014-January/045167.html

Wonderful. Thanks for the quick response.

Out of curiosity, was this hit in linux-next? Or is the config option
not enabled in any of the configs built there?

josh

2014-01-30 19:40:11

by Fabio Estevam

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Fabio Estevam <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> After the DRM merge the imx-hdmi driver fails to build with the error
>>> below. I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't hit in linux-next.
>>>

>> Sachin has already sent a patch to fix this issue:
>> http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2014-January/045167.html
>
> Wonderful. Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Out of curiosity, was this hit in linux-next? Or is the config option
> not enabled in any of the configs built there?

The imx-hdmi driver is not enabled in imx_v6_v7_defconfig yet.

Russell King has a large series of patches for imx-drm that among
other things, it will add the device tree pieces as well as select the
imx-hdmi in imx_v6_v7_defconfig.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam