2017-03-12 22:02:21

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Linux 4.11-rc2

As usual, the week after rc1 tends to be fairly quiet when people are
still looking for bugs and taking a breather after the merge window.
But we've got a healthy number of fixes in, and there's some
cleanup/prep patches for the upcoming 5-level page table support that
I took after the merge window just to make the next merge window
easier.

There's also a (small) late random driver update.

But most of it is just fixes, with arch and drivers being the bulk of
it (powerpc and i915 stand out, respectively) but with a noticeable
component elsewhere (mm patches mainly through Andrew, some fs
updatres, radix tree test updates etc).

Shortlog appended with details, go forth and test. I think we're in
fine shape for this stage in the development kernel, it shouldn't be
particularly scary to just say "I'll be a bit adventurous and test an
rc2 kernel". Yes, it's early rc time still, but go on, help us make
sure we're doing ok..

Linus

---

AKASHI Takahiro (1):
mm/memblock.c: fix memblock_next_valid_pfn()

Alex Deucher (2):
drm/amdgpu: validate paramaters in the gem ioctl
drm/amdgpu: bump driver version for some new features

Alexander Popov (1):
tty: n_hdlc: get rid of racy n_hdlc.tbuf

Alexey Kardashevskiy (1):
powerpc/powernv: Fix opal tracepoints with JUMP_LABEL=n

Andre Przywara (1):
KVM: arm/arm64: VGIC: Fix command handling while ITS being disabled

Andrea Arcangeli (6):
userfaultfd: shmem: __do_fault requires VM_FAULT_NOPAGE
userfaultfd: non-cooperative: rollback userfaultfd_exit
userfaultfd: non-cooperative: robustness check
userfaultfd: non-cooperative: release all ctx in dup_userfaultfd_complete
userfaultfd: non-cooperative: userfaultfd_remove revalidate vma
in MADV_DONTNEED
userfaultfd: selftest: vm: allow to build in vm/ directory

Andrew Banman (1):
x86/platform/uv/BAU: Fix HUB errors by remove initial write to
sw-ack register

Andrii Anisov (1):
swiotlb-xen: implement xen_swiotlb_get_sgtable callback

Andy Shevchenko (1):
x86/build/x86_64_defconfig: Enable CONFIG_R8169

Aneesh Kumar K.V (2):
powerpc/mm: handle protnone ptes on fork
power/mm: update pte_write and pte_wrprotect to handle savedwrite

Anton Blanchard (2):
perf/core: Rename CONFIG_[UK]PROBE_EVENT to CONFIG_[UK]PROBE_EVENTS
powerpc/64: Avoid panic during boot due to divide by zero in
init_cache_info()

Ard Biesheuvel (2):
efi/libstub: Treat missing SecureBoot variable as Secure Boot disabled
efi/arm: Fix boot crash with CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK=y

Arnd Bergmann (7):
gcc-plugins: fix sancov_plugin for gcc-5
x86/hyperv: Hide unused label
staging/vc04_services: add CONFIG_OF dependency
usb: gadget: udc: atmel: fix debug output
staging: octeon: remove unused variable
MIPS: Add missing include files
include/linux/fs.h: fix unsigned enum warning with gcc-4.2

Balbir Singh (1):
powerpc/xics: Work around limitations of OPAL XICS priority handling

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (1):
sh: cayman: IDE support fix

Bing Niu (1):
drm/i915/gvt: set SFUSE_STRAP properly for vitual monitor detection

Boqun Feng (1):
locking/ww_mutex: Adjust the lock number for stress test

Boris Ostrovsky (1):
jump_label: Fix anonymous union initialization

Borislav Petkov (3):
x86/kdebugfs: Move boot params hierarchy under (debugfs)/x86/
x86/events: Remove last remnants of old filenames
x86/boot: Correct setup_header.start_sys name

Brian Foster (1):
xfs: use iomap new flag for newly allocated delalloc blocks

Chandan Rajendra (1):
xfs: Use xfs_icluster_size_fsb() to calculate inode alignment mask

Changbin Du (1):
drm/i915/gvt: protect RO and Rsvd bits of virtual vgpu configuration space

Chris Brandt (1):
i2c: riic: fix restart condition

Chris Wilson (1):
locking/ww_mutex: Replace cpu_relax() with cond_resched() for tests

Christoph Hellwig (3):
xfs: only reclaim unwritten COW extents periodically
xfs: fix and streamline error handling in xfs_end_io
xfs: try any AG when allocating the first btree block when reflinking

Christophe JAILLET (1):
USB: gadgetfs: Fix a potential memory leak in 'dev_config()'

Chuanxiao Dong (3):
drm/i915/gvt: add a NULL pointer check to avoid kernel panic
drm/i915/gvt: use pfn_valid for better checking
drm/i915/gvt: handle workload lifecycle properly

Chunfeng Yun (2):
usb: xhci-mtk: check hcc_params after adding primary hcd
usb: xhci: remove dummy extra_priv_size for size of xhci_hcd struct

Chunyu Hu (1):
tracing: Fix code comment for ftrace_ops_get_func()

Dan Streetman (1):
xen: do not re-use pirq number cached in pci device msi msg data

Dan Williams (2):
x86, mm: fix gup_pte_range() vs DAX mappings
x86, mm: unify exit paths in gup_pte_range()

Daniel Borkmann (1):
x86/tlb: Fix tlb flushing when lguest clears PGE

Darrick J. Wong (1):
xfs: remove kmem_zalloc_greedy

Dave Hansen (1):
x86/pkeys: Check against max pkey to avoid overflows

David Daney (1):
module: set __jump_table alignment to 8

David Hildenbrand (1):
userfaultfd: remove wrong comment from userfaultfd_ctx_get()

Dmitry Safonov (1):
x86/selftests: Add clobbers for int80 on x86_64

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
i2c: copy device properties when using i2c_register_board_info()

Dmitry Vyukov (2):
kasan: resched in quarantine_remove_cache()
kasan: fix races in quarantine_remove_cache()

Dou Liyang (2):
x86/apic: Fix a warning message in logical CPU IDs allocation
x86/apic: Simplify enable_IR_x2apic(), remove try_to_enable_IR()

Eric W. Biederman (1):
ucount: Remove the atomicity from ucount->count

Eryu Guan (1):
iomap: invalidate page caches should be after
iomap_dio_complete() in direct write

Ethan Zhao (1):
PCI: Prevent VPD access for QLogic ISP2722

Fabio Estevam (3):
random: move random_min_urandom_seed into CONFIG_SYSCTL ifdef block
drm: mxsfb_crtc: Fix the framebuffer misplacement
drm: mxsfb: Implement drm_panel handling

Felipe Balbi (4):
usb: dwc3: gadget: make Set Endpoint Configuration macros safe
usb: gadget: function: f_fs: pass companion descriptor along
usb: dwc3: gadget: properly increment dequeue pointer on ep_dequeue
usb: dwc3: gadget: make to increment req->remaining in all cases

Franck Demathieu (4):
irqchip/crossbar: Fix incorrect type of local variables
irqchip/crossbar: Fix incorrect type of local variables
usb: dwc3: Fix incorrect type for utmi mode
irqchip/crossbar: Fix incorrect type of register size

Frederic Weisbecker (1):
jiffies: Revert bogus conversion of NSEC_PER_SEC to TICK_NSEC

Gautham R. Shenoy (1):
powerpc/powernv: Fix bug due to labeling ambiguity in power_enter_stop

Guenter Roeck (5):
avr32: Fix build error caused by include file reshuffling
h8300: Fix build breakage caused by header file changes
drivers/char/nwbutton: Fix build breakage caused by include file
reshuffling
usb: host: xhci-plat: Fix timeout on removal of hot pluggable
xhci controllers
score: Fix implicit includes now failing build after extable change

Heiko Carstens (2):
s390/ipl: always use load normal for CCW-type re-IPL
s390: wire up statx system call

Heiner Kallweit (2):
[media] rc: nuvoton: fix deadlock in nvt_write_wakeup_codes
i2c: meson: fix wrong variable usage in meson_i2c_put_data

Ilya Dryomov (4):
libceph: fix crush_decode() for older maps
libceph: don't set weight to IN when OSD is destroyed
rbd: supported_features bus attribute
libceph: osd_request_timeout option

Ingo Molnar (1):
locking/refcounts: Change WARN() to WARN_ONCE()

Jaedon Shin (1):
i2c: brcmstb: Fix START and STOP conditions

Jaehoon Chung (1):
PCI: exynos: Initialize elbi_base even when using PHY framework

Jan Kara (5):
block: Allow bdi re-registration
bdi: Fix use-after-free in wb_congested_put()
block: Make del_gendisk() safer for disks without queues
Revert "scsi, block: fix duplicate bdi name registration crashes"
axonram: Fix gendisk handling

Janosch Frank (1):
KVM: s390: Fix guest migration for huge guests resulting in panic

Janusz Dziedzic (1):
Revert "usb: gadget: f_fs: Fix ExtCompat descriptor validation"

Jason A. Donenfeld (2):
random: use chacha20 for get_random_int/long
random: convert get_random_int/long into get_random_u32/u64

Javier Martinez Canillas (2):
usb: phy: isp1301: Add OF device ID table
i2c: exynos5: Avoid transaction timeouts due TRANSFER_DONE_AUTO not set

Jelle Martijn Kok (1):
usb: ohci-at91: Do not drop unhandled USB suspend control requests

Jim Mattson (1):
kvm: nVMX: VMCLEAR should not cause the vCPU to shut down

Jim Qu (1):
drm/amd/amdgpu: fix console deadlock if late init failed

Jintack Lim (1):
KVM: arm/arm64: Let vcpu thread modify its own active state

Johan Hovold (9):
USB: serial: digi_acceleport: fix OOB-event processing
USB: serial: io_ti: fix NULL-deref in interrupt callback
USB: serial: omninet: fix reference leaks at open
USB: serial: omninet: drop open callback
USB: serial: io_ti: fix information leak in completion handler
USB: serial: safe_serial: fix information leak in completion handler
USB: iowarrior: fix NULL-deref at probe
USB: iowarrior: fix NULL-deref in write
USB: serial: digi_acceleport: fix OOB-event processing

Johannes Thumshirn (1):
zram: set physical queue limits to avoid array out of bounds accesses

John Keeping (1):
usb: gadget: configs: plug memory leak

Jon Derrick (1):
block/sed: Fix opal user range check and unused variables

Jonathan McDowell (1):
[media] dw2102: don't do DMA on stack

Josh Poimboeuf (1):
objtool: Fix another GCC jump table detection issue

Kieran Bingham (1):
[media] v4l: vsp1: Adapt vsp1_du_setup_lif() interface to use a structure

Kirill A. Shutemov (9):
x86/cpufeature: Add 5-level paging detection
asm-generic: introduce 5level-fixup.h
asm-generic: introduce __ARCH_USE_5LEVEL_HACK
arch, mm: convert all architectures to use 5level-fixup.h
asm-generic: introduce <asm-generic/pgtable-nop4d.h>
mm: convert generic code to 5-level paging
mm: introduce __p4d_alloc()
rmap: fix NULL-pointer dereference on THP munlocking
thp: fix another corner case of munlock() vs. THPs

Krzysztof Kozlowski (1):
serial: samsung: Continue to work if DMA request fails

Kunihiko Hayashi (1):
pinctrl: uniphier: change pin names of aio/xirq for LD11

Laurent Dufour (1):
mm/cgroup: avoid panic when init with low memory

Laurentiu Tudor (1):
powerpc/booke: Fix boot crash due to null hugepd

Len Brown (1):
cpufreq: Add the "cpufreq.off=1" cmdline option

Linu Cherian (4):
KVM: Add documentation for KVM_CAP_NR_MEMSLOTS
KVM: arm/arm64: Enable KVM_CAP_NR_MEMSLOTS on arm/arm64
KVM: arm/arm64: Remove KVM_PRIVATE_MEM_SLOTS definition that are unused
KVM: arm64: Increase number of user memslots to 512

Linus Torvalds (3):
sched/headers: fix up header file dependency on <linux/sched/signal.h>
overlayfs: remove now unnecessary header file include
Linux 4.11-rc2

Marc Zyngier (2):
arm64: KVM: VHE: Clear HCR_TGE when invalidating guest TLBs
KVM: arm/arm64: vgic-v3: Don't pretend to support IRQ/FIQ bypass

Marek Vasut (1):
drm: mxsfb: Fix crash when provided invalid DT bindings

Mark Rutland (2):
arm: KVM: Survive unknown traps from guests
arm64: KVM: Survive unknown traps from guests

Martin Schwidefsky (6):
s390/crypt: fix missing unlock in ctr_paes_crypt on error path
s390: fix in-kernel program checks
s390/cputime: remove last traces of cputime_t
s390/cputime: reset all accounting fields on fork
s390/cputime: provide archicture specific cputime_to_nsecs
s390/timex: micro optimization for tod_to_ns

Masahiro Yamada (2):
scripts/spelling.txt: add "disble(d)" pattern and fix typo instances
scripts/spelling.txt: add "overide" pattern and fix typo instances

Masami Hiramatsu (1):
kprobes/x86: Fix kernel panic when certain exception-handling
addresses are probed

Masanari Iida (4):
xenbus: Remove duplicate inclusion of linux/init.h
x86/vmware: Remove duplicate inclusion of asm/timer.h
x86/intel_rdt: Remove duplicate inclusion of linux/cpu.h
drivers/md/bcache/util.h: remove duplicate inclusion of blkdev.h

Matjaz Hegedic (3):
x86/reboot/quirks: Add ASUS EeeBook X205TA reboot quirk
x86/reboot/quirks: Add ASUS EeeBook X205TA/W reboot quirk
x86/reboot/quirks: Fix typo in ASUS EeeBook X205TA reboot quirk

Matthew Wilcox (3):
radix tree test suite: Depend on Makefile and quieten grep
ida: Free correct IDA bitmap
radix tree test suite: Specify -m32 in LDFLAGS too

Mian Yousaf Kaukab (1):
irqdomain: Add empty irq_domain_check_msi_remap

Michael Ellerman (3):
powerpc/64: Fix L1D cache shape vector reporting L1I values
powerpc: Sort the selects under CONFIG_PPC
radix tree test suite: Fix build with --as-needed

Mike Rapoport (1):
userfaultfd: non-cooperative: fix fork fctx->new memleak

Min He (2):
drm/i915/gvt: introduced failsafe mode into vgpu
drm/i915/gvt: enter failsafe mode when guest requires more resources

Ming Lei (4):
blk-mq: initialize mq kobjects in blk_mq_init_allocated_queue()
blk-mq: make lifetime consitent between q/ctx and its kobject
blk-mq: make lifetime consistent between hctx and its kobject
blk-mq: free hctx->cpumask in release handler of hctx's kobject

NeilBrown (1):
blk: improve order of bio handling in generic_make_request()

Nicholas Piggin (1):
powerpc: Fix compiling a BE kernel with a powerpc64le toolchain

OGAWA Hirofumi (1):
fat: fix using uninitialized fields of fat_inode/fsinfo_inode

Paul Mackerras (1):
powerpc/64: Invalidate process table caching after setting process table

Pei Zhang (2):
drm/i915/gvt: add cmd_access to GEN7_HALF_SLICE_CHICKEN1
drm/i915/gvt: add some new MMIOs to cmd_access white list

Peter Chen (2):
usb: gadget: dummy_hcd: clear usb_gadget region before registration
usb: host: xhci-dbg: HCIVERSION should be a binary number

Peter Zijlstra (4):
sched/fair: Make select_idle_cpu() more aggressive
sched/core: Fix pick_next_task() for RT,DL
sched/clock, x86/tsc: Rework the x86 'unstable' sched_clock() interface
locking/lockdep: Add nest_lock integrity test

Petr Cvek (1):
usb: gadget: pxa27x: Test for a valid argument pointer

Ping Gao (1):
drm/i915/gvt: clear the vGPU reset logic

Qi Hou (2):
i2c: add missing of_node_put in i2c_mux_del_adapters
i2c: add missing of_node_put in i2c_mux_del_adapters

Radim Krčmář (1):
KVM: nVMX: do not warn when MSR bitmap address is not backed

Rafael J. Wysocki (6):
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Do not use performance_limits in passive mode
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Fix intel_cpufreq_verify_policy()
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Avoid triggering cpu_frequency tracepoint
unnecessarily
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Fix global settings in active mode
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Fix intel_pstate_verify_policy()
cpufreq: intel_pstate: Do not reinit performance limits in ->setpolicy

Ravi Bangoria (2):
powerpc: Emulation support for load/store instructions on LE
powerpc: emulate_step() tests for load/store instructions

Raz Manor (1):
usb: gadget: udc: net2280: Fix tmp reusage in net2280 driver

Rehas Sachdeva (7):
radix tree test suite: Add test for idr_get_next()
radix tree test suite: Add tests for ida_simple_get() and
ida_simple_remove()
radix tree test suite: Add test for radix_tree_clear_tags()
radix tree test suite: Add performance benchmarks
radix tree test suite: Add performance test for radix_tree_split()
radix tree test suite: Add performance test for radix_tree_join()
radix tree test suite: Build 32 bit binaries

Richard Leitner (4):
usb: usb251xb: remove max_{power,current}_{sp,bp} properties
usb: usb251xb: dt: add unit suffix to oc-delay and power-on-time
doc: dt-bindings: usb251xb: mark reg as required
MAINTAINERS: usb251xb: remove reference inexistent file

Rik van Riel (1):
tracing: Add #undef to fix compile error

Roger Quadros (3):
Revert "usb: gadget: uvc: Add missing call for additional setup data"
usb: dwc3: gadget: Fix system suspend/resume on TI platforms
usb: dwc3-omap: Fix missing break in dwc3_omap_set_mailbox()

Rui Wang (2):
x86/PCI: Implement pcibios_release_device to release IRQ from IOAPIC
x86/ioapic: Split IOAPIC hot-removal into two steps

Sachin Sant (1):
selftest/powerpc: Fix false failures for skipped tests

Sean Young (4):
[media] serial_ir: ensure we're ready to receive interrupts
[media] lirc: fix dead lock between open and wakeup_filter
[media] rc: raw decoder for keymap protocol is not loaded on register
[media] rc: protocol is not set on register for raw IR devices

Shanker Donthineni (1):
irqchip/gicv3-its: Add workaround for QDF2400 ITS erratum 0065

Shile Zhang (1):
powerpc/64: Fix checksum folding in csum_add()

Stefan Agner (2):
drm: mxsfb: use bus_format to determine LCD bus width
drm: mxsfb: fix pixel clock polarity

Stefano Stabellini (1):
swiotlb-xen: implement xen_swiotlb_dma_mmap callback

Stephan Mueller (1):
random: remove stale maybe_reseed_primary_crng

Stephan Müller (3):
random: remove stale urandom_init_wait
random: remove variable limit
random: fix comment for unused random_min_urandom_seed

Stephen Smalley (1):
timerfd: Only check CAP_WAKE_ALARM when it is needed

Steven Rostedt (VMware) (4):
ftrace/graph: Do not modify the EMPTY_HASH for the function_graph filter
jump_label: Add comment about initialization order for anonymous unions
ktest: Fix while loop in wait_for_input
ktest: Make sure wait_for_input does honor the timeout

Suraj Jitindar Singh (2):
powerpc: Parse the command line before calling CAS
powerpc: Update to new option-vector-5 format for CAS

Tahsin Erdogan (1):
mm: do not call mem_cgroup_free() from within mem_cgroup_alloc()

Takashi Iwai (1):
drm/i915/gvt: Fix superfluous newline in GVT_DISPLAY_READY env var

Thomas Gleixner (2):
x86/hpet: Prevent might sleep splat on resume
kexec, x86/purgatory: Unbreak it and clean it up

Timur Tabi (1):
pinctrl: qcom: add get_direction function

Tina Zhang (1):
drm/i915/gvt: change some gvt_err to gvt_dbg_cmd

Tobias Jakobi (1):
usb-storage: Add ignore-residue quirk for Initio INIC-3619

Tobin C. Harding (2):
x86/purgatory: Make functions and variables static
x86/purgatory: Fix sparse warning, symbol not declared

Todd Brandt (1):
ftrace/graph: Add ftrace_graph_max_depth kernel parameter

Tomeu Vizoso (1):
drm/edid: Add EDID_QUIRK_FORCE_8BPC quirk for Rotel RSX-1058

Tony Luck (1):
mm, page_alloc: Add missing check for memory holes

Viresh Kumar (2):
cpufreq: schedutil: move cached_raw_freq to struct sugov_policy
cpufreq: schedutil: Pass sg_policy to get_next_freq()

Wanpeng Li (1):
KVM: nVMX: reset nested_run_pending if the vCPU is going to be reset

Weinan Li (2):
drm/i915/gvt: refine pcode write emulation
drm/i915/gvt: fix pcode mailbox write emulation of BDW

Wolfram Sang (3):
i2c: m65xx: drop superfluous quirk structure
Revert "i2c: add missing of_node_put in i2c_mux_del_adapters"
Revert "i2c: copy device properties when using i2c_register_board_info()"

Yinghai Lu (1):
PCI/ASPM: Always set link->downstream to avoid NULL dereference on remove

Yisheng Xie (1):
mm/vmstats: add thp_split_pud event for clarity

Zhangfei Gao (1):
i2c: designware: add reset interface

Zhao Yan (8):
drm/i915/gvt: fix unhandled mmio warnings
drm/i915/gvt: add more registers to context save/restore list
drm/i915/gvt: force-nopriv register handling
drm/i915/gvt: set default value to 0 for unhandled mmio regs
drm/i915/gvt: have more registers with F_CMD_ACCESS flags set
drm/i915/gvt: add more registers into handlers list
drm/i915/gvt: fix an error for one register
drm/i915/gvt: fix an error for F_RO flag

Zhao, Xinda (3):
drm/i915/gvt: handle fence reg access during GPU reset
drm/i915/gvt: decrease priority of output msg for untracked mmio
drm/i915/gvt: remove unnecessary error msg from gtt write

Zhenyu Wang (4):
drm/i915/gvt: Fix check error on opregion.c
drm/i915/gvt: adjust to fixed vGPU types
drm/i915/gvt: Add more edid definition support
drm/i915/gvt: add resolution definition for vGPU type

2017-03-13 13:28:55

by Josh Boyer

Subject: Re: Linux 4.11-rc2

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Linus Torvalds
<[email protected]> wrote:
> As usual, the week after rc1 tends to be fairly quiet when people are
> still looking for bugs and taking a breather after the merge window.
> But we've got a healthy number of fixes in, and there's some
> cleanup/prep patches for the upcoming 5-level page table support that
> I took after the merge window just to make the next merge window
> easier.
>
> There's also a (small) late random driver update.
>
> But most of it is just fixes, with arch and drivers being the bulk of
> it (powerpc and i915 stand out, respectively) but with a noticeable
> component elsewhere (mm patches mainly through Andrew, some fs
> updatres, radix tree test updates etc).
>
> Shortlog appended with details, go forth and test. I think we're in
> fine shape for this stage in the development kernel, it shouldn't be
> particularly scary to just say "I'll be a bit adventurous and test an
> rc2 kernel". Yes, it's early rc time still, but go on, help us make
> sure we're doing ok..

I thought it might just be me, but at least one other person doesn't
see the v4.11-rc2 tag in git yet. The patch is on kernel.org though,
so it's confusing. Did you forget to push it out?

josh

2017-03-13 15:57:35

by Linus Torvalds

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> I thought it might just be me, but at least one other person doesn't
> see the v4.11-rc2 tag in git yet. The patch is on kernel.org though,
> so it's confusing. Did you forget to push it out?

It's definitely there, but it might have taken a while to mirror out
to all the public mirrors. I'm assuming you see it now?

Linus

2017-03-13 16:06:02

by Josh Boyer

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Linus Torvalds
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:19 AM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I thought it might just be me, but at least one other person doesn't
>> see the v4.11-rc2 tag in git yet. The patch is on kernel.org though,
>> so it's confusing. Did you forget to push it out?
>
> It's definitely there, but it might have taken a while to mirror out
> to all the public mirrors. I'm assuming you see it now?

Yes. A git pull just grabbed it for me. The 'view diff' link on
kernel.org still fails with bad object, but I'm guessing that will
catch up at some point too.

Thanks.

josh

2017-03-13 16:15:30

by Linus Torvalds

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes. A git pull just grabbed it for me. The 'view diff' link on
> kernel.org still fails with bad object, but I'm guessing that will
> catch up at some point too.

Hmm. I pushed those before the announcement, so over 18 hours ago by
now. If there still is something that hasn't mirrored out, that
implies some problem rather than just a delay.

I don't see anything odd when I go to git.kernel.org, but the
outward-facing public mirrors are all geolocated, and some of that
infrastructure is new. So there might be stale DNS information, or
somethign else going on.

Adding Konstantin to the bcc to notify him. Konstantin: it apparently
took a long time for the 4.11-rc2 tag to mirror out, and there's still
some missing object going on.. I'm not sure where Josh is
geographically, which might matter for the new GeoDNS.

Linus

2017-03-13 17:01:45

by Konstantin Ryabitsev

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 09:15:21AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Josh Boyer <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes. A git pull just grabbed it for me. The 'view diff' link on
>> kernel.org still fails with bad object, but I'm guessing that will
>> catch up at some point too.
>
>Hmm. I pushed those before the announcement, so over 18 hours ago by
>now. If there still is something that hasn't mirrored out, that
>implies some problem rather than just a delay.
>
>I don't see anything odd when I go to git.kernel.org, but the
>outward-facing public mirrors are all geolocated, and some of that
>infrastructure is new. So there might be stale DNS information, or
>somethign else going on.
>
>Adding Konstantin to the bcc to notify him. Konstantin: it apparently
>took a long time for the 4.11-rc2 tag to mirror out, and there's still
>some missing object going on.. I'm not sure where Josh is
>geographically, which might matter for the new GeoDNS.

Yes, the EWR mirror was Not Doing The Right Thing, and has been given a
stern talking-to (about an hour ago).

Sorry about that.

-K