2015-08-29 21:59:48

by Jeffrey Merkey

Subject: Filesystem Question

So I have been out of circulation for a while. Just thought I'd ask
which is the most popular filesystem in terms of usage right now,
setting aside android which really doesn't run Linux, but some sort of
hybrid Linux/java monstrosity.

Is ext4 still the most used these days? I note from EL7 that xfs
seems to be rising in usage.

Hi Linus, hope you are enjoying Oregons recent legalization
initiative. I drive to Colorado a lot these days :)

Jeff

2015-08-29 22:46:11

by Jeffrey Merkey

Subject: Re: Filesystem Question

I guess no one can answer that for certain. Oh well. Too many
PATCH emails in between on the list. Gets lost in the noise I guess.
This list used to be like a wild party. Things sure have changed
around the world of Linux.

:(

Jeff

On 8/29/15, Jeffrey Merkey <[email protected]> wrote:
> So I have been out of circulation for a while. Just thought I'd ask
> which is the most popular filesystem in terms of usage right now,
> setting aside android which really doesn't run Linux, but some sort of
> hybrid Linux/java monstrosity.
>
> Is ext4 still the most used these days? I note from EL7 that xfs
> seems to be rising in usage.
>
> Hi Linus, hope you are enjoying Oregons recent legalization
> initiative. I drive to Colorado a lot these days :)
>

> Jeff

2015-08-30 13:25:38

by Theodore Ts'o

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 04:46:09PM -0600, Jeffrey Merkey wrote:
> I guess no one can answer that for certain. Oh well. Too many
> PATCH emails in between on the list. Gets lost in the noise I guess.
> This list used to be like a wild party. Things sure have changed
> around the world of Linux.

URL supplied without further comment:

http://scofacts.org/merkey.html