2014-06-30 11:16:51

by Tc, Jenny

Subject: Power Supply Subsystem Maintainer

Hi all,

I have few pending patches on power supply subsystem. So far I haven't seen any response from the power supply maintainers. As per the MAINTAINERS entry, the susbsystem is owned by "Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[email protected]>". But not sure he still maintains the susbsystem, as I don't see any response from him. Also the last commit I could see on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 is on Feb this year. I would appreciate if anyone could clarify who really maintains the power supply subsystem.

Thanks
Jenny

2014-06-30 11:26:48

by Belisko Marek

Subject: Re: Power Supply Subsystem Maintainer

Same on my side (some pending patches) but there was already
discussion: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/5/16/504

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have few pending patches on power supply subsystem. So far I haven't seen any response from the power supply maintainers. As per the MAINTAINERS entry, the susbsystem is owned by "Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[email protected]>". But not sure he still maintains the susbsystem, as I don't see any response from him. Also the last commit I could see on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 is on Feb this year. I would appreciate if anyone could clarify who really maintains the power supply subsystem.
>
> Thanks
> Jenny

BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible
Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA

Tel: +421 915 052 184
skype: marekwhite
twitter: #opennandra
web: http://open-nandra.com

2014-07-02 03:11:35

by Tc, Jenny

Andrew Morton,

Appreciate your help to sort out the power supply maintainer issue. The
subsystem is not active after February 2014. No response from maintainer and the
last commit on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 was on 2014-02-01. Appreciate
your help.

-Jenny

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 01:26:46PM +0200, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Same on my side (some pending patches) but there was already
> discussion: https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/5/16/504
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have few pending patches on power supply subsystem. So far I haven't seen
> > any response from the power supply maintainers. As per the MAINTAINERS entry,
> > the susbsystem is owned by "Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov <[email protected]>".
> > But not sure he still maintains the susbsystem, as I don't see any response
> > from him. Also the last commit I could see on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6
> > is on Feb this year. I would appreciate if anyone could clarify who really
> > maintains the power supply subsystem.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jenny

2014-07-07 18:20:05

by Andrew Morton

On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:41:19 +0530 Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:

> Andrew Morton,
>
> Appreciate your help to sort out the power supply maintainer issue. The
> subsystem is not active after February 2014. No response from maintainer and the
> last commit on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 was on 2014-02-01. Appreciate
> your help.

Well, two weeks ago Dmitry did say that he'd been busy at work and
planned to pick things up again soon.

Dmitry, could you please make a firm and realistic decision one way or
the other? If it isn't truly going to happen then that's OK - these
things happen. But please tell us so other arrangements can be put in
place if that's the way we'll be proceeding.

Thanks.

2014-07-12 17:21:37

by Dmitry Baryshkov

Hello,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Andrew Morton
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:41:19 +0530 Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Andrew Morton,
>>
>> Appreciate your help to sort out the power supply maintainer issue. The
>> subsystem is not active after February 2014. No response from maintainer and the
>> last commit on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 was on 2014-02-01. Appreciate
>> your help.
>
> Well, two weeks ago Dmitry did say that he'd been busy at work and
> planned to pick things up again soon.
>
> Dmitry, could you please make a firm and realistic decision one way or
> the other? If it isn't truly going to happen then that's OK - these
> things happen. But please tell us so other arrangements can be put in
> place if that's the way we'll be proceeding.

Well, I am sorry. I promised that I will have time for this, but it
seems things did not go
the way I expected. Sebastian volunteered to pick up power/reset
maintainership,
so if he still is willing to work on that topic, I'll ack a patch
transferring maintainership
to him.

As a side note, I'd suggest to also open a mailing list either on
infradead.org (David, I
made several requests, to n/a) or on vger.kernel.org.

--
With best wishes
Dmitry

2014-07-14 17:58:43

by Rafael J. Wysocki

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 09:21:35 PM Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Andrew Morton
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:41:19 +0530 Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Andrew Morton,
> >>
> >> Appreciate your help to sort out the power supply maintainer issue. The
> >> subsystem is not active after February 2014. No response from maintainer and the
> >> last commit on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 was on 2014-02-01. Appreciate
> >> your help.
> >
> > Well, two weeks ago Dmitry did say that he'd been busy at work and
> > planned to pick things up again soon.
> >
> > Dmitry, could you please make a firm and realistic decision one way or
> > the other? If it isn't truly going to happen then that's OK - these
> > things happen. But please tell us so other arrangements can be put in
> > place if that's the way we'll be proceeding.
>
> Well, I am sorry. I promised that I will have time for this, but it
> seems things did not go
> the way I expected. Sebastian volunteered to pick up power/reset
> maintainership,
> so if he still is willing to work on that topic, I'll ack a patch
> transferring maintainership
> to him.
>
> As a side note, I'd suggest to also open a mailing list either on
> infradead.org (David, I
> made several requests, to n/a) or on vger.kernel.org.

linu-pm can be used for that I suppose?

Rafael

2014-07-16 08:00:52

by Pavel Machek

On Sat 2014-07-12 21:21:35, Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Andrew Morton
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Jul 2014 08:41:19 +0530 Jenny Tc <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Andrew Morton,
> >>
> >> Appreciate your help to sort out the power supply maintainer issue. The
> >> subsystem is not active after February 2014. No response from maintainer and the
> >> last commit on git://git.infradead.org/battery-2.6 was on 2014-02-01. Appreciate
> >> your help.
> >
> > Well, two weeks ago Dmitry did say that he'd been busy at work and
> > planned to pick things up again soon.
> >
> > Dmitry, could you please make a firm and realistic decision one way or
> > the other? If it isn't truly going to happen then that's OK - these
> > things happen. But please tell us so other arrangements can be put in
> > place if that's the way we'll be proceeding.
>
> Well, I am sorry. I promised that I will have time for this, but it
> seems things did not go
> the way I expected. Sebastian volunteered to pick up power/reset
> maintainership,
> so if he still is willing to work on that topic, I'll ack a patch
> transferring maintainership
> to him.

I believe that is good idea. Does Sebastian want to submit patch to
the MAINTAINERS file?

Thanks,
Pavel

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Pavel,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 10:00:47 +0200 Pavel Machek <[email protected]> wrote:

> I believe that is good idea. Does Sebastian want to submit patch to
> the MAINTAINERS file?

And please remember to let the linux-next maintainer know about changes
to trees/maintainers ... ;-)

Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
signature.asc (819.00 B)