2016-12-14 17:18:57

by Luis Chamberlain

Subject: linux-next x86 build fixes

Curious if the x86 symbol build issues are supposed to be resolved
already on linux-next as of today, if not, how's it looking to get
this fixed ? I am carrying around Adam's temporary patch "kbuild:
provide include/asm/asm-prototypes.h for x86" on top of linux-next but
each day I move on I keep seeing this is still not fixed and keep
having to carry it. Curious what the delays are to get this resolved,
the last thread I saw seemed to acknowledge the issue and that Nick
was working on a fix ?

Luis

2016-12-14 20:42:48

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: Re: linux-next x86 build fixes

Hi Luis,

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 11:17:25 -0600 "Luis R. Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Curious if the x86 symbol build issues are supposed to be resolved
> already on linux-next as of today, if not, how's it looking to get
> this fixed ? I am carrying around Adam's temporary patch "kbuild:
> provide include/asm/asm-prototypes.h for x86" on top of linux-next but
> each day I move on I keep seeing this is still not fixed and keep
> having to carry it. Curious what the delays are to get this resolved,
> the last thread I saw seemed to acknowledge the issue and that Nick
> was working on a fix ?

That commit will be in linux-next today (it was added to the kbuild
tree last night (my time)).

Stephen Rothwell