2023-10-16 02:42:15

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the gpio-brgl tree with the usb tree

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the gpio-brgl tree got a conflict in:

drivers/gpio/gpio-ljca.c

between commit:

1034cc423f1b ("gpio: update Intel LJCA USB GPIO driver")

from the usb tree and commit:

da2ad5fe2292 ("gpio: ljca: Convert to platform remove callback returning void")

from the gpio-brgl tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2023-10-16 06:46:59

by Bartosz Golaszewski

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 at 04:42, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the gpio-brgl tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/gpio/gpio-ljca.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 1034cc423f1b ("gpio: update Intel LJCA USB GPIO driver")
>
> from the usb tree and commit:
>
> da2ad5fe2292 ("gpio: ljca: Convert to platform remove callback returning void")
>
> from the gpio-brgl tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the former version) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell

Looks good, the latter patch converts the driver to using the
auxiliary bus whose .remove() already returns void.

Bart

2023-10-16 07:17:27

by Uwe Kleine-König

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 01:41:59PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the gpio-brgl tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/gpio/gpio-ljca.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 1034cc423f1b ("gpio: update Intel LJCA USB GPIO driver")
>
> from the usb tree and commit:
>
> da2ad5fe2292 ("gpio: ljca: Convert to platform remove callback returning void")
>
> from the gpio-brgl tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I just used the former version) and can carry the fix as
> necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
> non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
> when your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
> cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
> particularly complex conflicts.

Looks right. As this isn't a platform_driver any more, dropping the
conversion to .remove_new is the right thing.

Thanks
Uwe

--
Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-K?nig |
Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.11 kB)
signature.asc (499.00 B)

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi all,

On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:41:59 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the gpio-brgl tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/gpio/gpio-ljca.c
>
> between commit:
>
> 1034cc423f1b ("gpio: update Intel LJCA USB GPIO driver")
>
> from the usb tree and commit:
>
> da2ad5fe2292 ("gpio: ljca: Convert to platform remove callback returning void")
>
> from the gpio-brgl tree.

This is now a conflict between the usb tree and Linus' tree.

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2023-11-03 08:46:05

by Greg KH

On Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 11:29:50AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:41:59 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the gpio-brgl tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > drivers/gpio/gpio-ljca.c
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > 1034cc423f1b ("gpio: update Intel LJCA USB GPIO driver")
> >
> > from the usb tree and commit:
> >
> > da2ad5fe2292 ("gpio: ljca: Convert to platform remove callback returning void")
> >
> > from the gpio-brgl tree.
>
> This is now a conflict between the usb tree and Linus' tree.

Thanks, I'll note this in my pull request to Linus.

greg k-h