2015-05-13 13:22:48

by Valentin Rothberg

Subject: mailbox: tegra xusb: undefined MFD_TEGRA_XUSB

Hi Andrew,

your commit b1f10002b00a ("mailbox: Add NVIDIA Tegra XUSB mailbox
driver") is in today's linux-next tree (i.e., next-20150513) and it
adds the following lines:

+config TEGRA_XUSB_MBOX
+ tristate "NVIDIA Tegra XUSB Mailbox"
+ depends on MFD_TEGRA_XUSB

At the current state, the dependency is always false since the option
MFD_TEGRA_XUSB is not defined in Kconfig, and the added driver cannot
be compiled.

Is there a patch queued somewhere to add this missing option?

I detected the issue with undertaker-checkpatch [1, 2] running on a
bot in Erlangen [3] to make daily checks of commits in linux-next for
#ifdef related bugs.

Kind regards,
Valentin

[1] https://vamos.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/trac/undertaker
[2] http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/ocw/proposals/1863
[3] https://www4.cs.fau.de/Research/CADOS/

2015-05-13 13:59:00

by Jon Hunter

Subject: Re: mailbox: tegra xusb: undefined MFD_TEGRA_XUSB

Hi Valentin,

On 13/05/15 14:22, Valentin Rothberg wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> your commit b1f10002b00a ("mailbox: Add NVIDIA Tegra XUSB mailbox
> driver") is in today's linux-next tree (i.e., next-20150513) and it
> adds the following lines:
>
> +config TEGRA_XUSB_MBOX
> + tristate "NVIDIA Tegra XUSB Mailbox"
> + depends on MFD_TEGRA_XUSB
>
> At the current state, the dependency is always false since the option
> MFD_TEGRA_XUSB is not defined in Kconfig, and the added driver cannot
> be compiled.
>
> Is there a patch queued somewhere to add this missing option?

This is part of this series [1] which has the other patches. I don't
believe the others in the series have been queued yet.

Cheers
Jon

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/5/4/574

2015-05-13 14:00:53