2015-02-13 08:49:22

by Jörg Otte

Subject: [v3.20] Regression: V3.20 doesn'nt wake up from suspend

In suspend state the power-led remains on (should be blinking).
So may be the kernel does not reach suspend state correctly.
Once suspended, pressing the suspend key to wake up does not have
any visible effect.

There is nothing special in the logs.

I tried to bisect, but I ran into an unbootable kernel, so all I
can say is:
Last good kernel: 3.19.0-00463-g3e8c04e
First bad kernel: 3.19.0-02595-gc5ce28d

Suspend has always been working, so this a regression.

It is a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK AH532/FJNBB1C, BIOS Version 1.09 05/22/2012

Thanks, Jörg

2015-02-13 14:17:49

by Rafael J. Wysocki

On Friday, February 13, 2015 09:49:20 AM Jörg Otte wrote:
> In suspend state the power-led remains on (should be blinking).
> So may be the kernel does not reach suspend state correctly.
> Once suspended, pressing the suspend key to wake up does not have
> any visible effect.
>
> There is nothing special in the logs.
>
> I tried to bisect, but I ran into an unbootable kernel, so all I
> can say is:
> Last good kernel: 3.19.0-00463-g3e8c04e
> First bad kernel: 3.19.0-02595-gc5ce28d
>
> Suspend has always been working, so this a regression.
>
> It is a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK AH532/FJNBB1C, BIOS Version 1.09 05/22/2012

I'll be sending a pull request with one revert related to broken suspend
later today, so hopefully this will help you too.

If not, we'll need to investigate more.

--
I speak only for myself.
Rafael J. Wysocki, Intel Open Source Technology Center.

2015-02-14 07:51:41

by Jörg Otte

> On Friday, February 13, 2015 09:49:20 AM Jörg Otte wrote:
>> In suspend state the power-led remains on (should be blinking).
>> So may be the kernel does not reach suspend state correctly.
>> Once suspended, pressing the suspend key to wake up does not have
>> any visible effect.
>>
>> There is nothing special in the logs.
>>
>> I tried to bisect, but I ran into an unbootable kernel, so all I
>> can say is:
>> Last good kernel: 3.19.0-00463-g3e8c04e
>> First bad kernel: 3.19.0-02595-gc5ce28d
>>
>> Suspend has always been working, so this a regression.
>>
>> It is a FUJITSU LIFEBOOK AH532/FJNBB1C, BIOS Version 1.09 05/22/2012
>
> I'll be sending a pull request with one revert related to broken suspend
> later today, so hopefully this will help you too.

Yes it fixed it.

Thanks, Jörg