2023-06-15 19:44:36

by Anna Schumaker

Subject: Re: Regression: NULL pointer dereference after NFS_V4_2_READ_PLUS (commit 7fd461c47)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 1:16 PM Anna Schumaker <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 1:04 PM Anna Schumaker <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 9:01 AM Anna Schumaker <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I did still receive it. Thanks!
> >
> > Can you swap out yesterday's patch with this patch? I've adjusted what
> > gets printed out, and added printk()s to xdr_copy_to_scratch(). I'm
> > starting to think that the xdr scratch buffer is fine, and that it's
> > the other pointer passed to memcpy() in that function that's the
> > problem, and the output from this patch will confirm for me.
>
> Oh, and can you add this one on top of the v2 patch as well?

Sorry about the noise today. Can you use this patch instead of the two
I attached earlier? I cleaned up the output and cut down on extra
output..

> Thanks,
> Anna
>

> > Thanks,
> > Anna
> >

> > > Anna

Attachments:
0001-NFS-Add-debugging-printk-s-to-trace-the-READ_PLUS-xd.patch (6.46 kB)

2023-06-17 10:31:31

by Krzysztof Kozlowski

On 15/06/2023 21:38, Anna Schumaker wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 1:16 PM Anna Schumaker <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Can you swap out yesterday's patch with this patch? I've adjusted what
>>> gets printed out, and added printk()s to xdr_copy_to_scratch(). I'm
>>> starting to think that the xdr scratch buffer is fine, and that it's
>>> the other pointer passed to memcpy() in that function that's the
>>> problem, and the output from this patch will confirm for me.
>>
>> Oh, and can you add this one on top of the v2 patch as well?
>
> Sorry about the noise today. Can you use this patch instead of the two
> I attached earlier? I cleaned up the output and cut down on extra
> output..

Here you have - attached.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Attachments:
oops-nfs-read-plus-20230617.txt (103.85 kB)