2013-07-20 01:23:59

by Grant Likely

Hello everyone,

The ozlabs devicetree list was requiring too much work to moderate, so
I'm closing down that list and replacing it with a list on
vger.kernel.org.

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree

I'll be sending a patch to MAINTAINERS shortly.

g.

2013-07-20 01:29:42

by Joe Perches

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 18:23 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
> The ozlabs devicetree list was requiring too much work to moderate, so
> I'm closing down that list and replacing it with a list on
> vger.kernel.org.
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree

Hey Grant.

Can you also please setup an email archive?
Something like gmane or equivalent.

Maybe a patchwork entry too?

2013-07-20 16:28:25

by Linus Walleij

Hi MARC list archive folks,

could you please start archiving the following recently addes VGER lists
at marc.info:

These go into the "Linux" folder:
linux-gpio: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-gpio
linux-spi: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-spi

This one goes into "Development" or "Misc" I guess:
devicetree: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree

All are important for embedded Linux developers in particular,
as can be seen per below.

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:29 AM, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 18:23 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
>> The ozlabs devicetree list was requiring too much work to moderate, so
>> I'm closing down that list and replacing it with a list on
>> vger.kernel.org.
>>
>> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree
>
> Hey Grant.
>
> Can you also please setup an email archive?
> Something like gmane or equivalent.

Thanks for your awesome archives!
Linus Walleij

2013-07-20 17:09:27

by Hank Leininger

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 06:28:19PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> Hi MARC list archive folks,
>
> could you please start archiving the following recently addes VGER lists
> at marc.info:
>
> These go into the "Linux" folder:
> linux-gpio: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-gpio
> linux-spi: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-spi
>
> This one goes into "Development" or "Misc" I guess:
> devicetree: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree

Sure, I've just subscribed us to all three. They'll show in 'Misc' once
some traffic comes in, and then I'll (have to remember to) move them.

I realize MARC didn't carry the old/original devicetree-discuss list at
ozlabs. I'm pulling down the archives from that list now. Should I
import them as 'devicetree-discuss' (historically accurate) or as
'devicetree' (so they will appear seamless in MARC w/the new vger list's
traffic)?

AFAIK vger doesn't keep copies of old messages, but if any list-members
have mailspools of past traffic for linux-gpio and/or linux-spi, please
contact me directly and I'll import them.

Hank Leininger <[email protected]>
3C2A 4EEE ED36 D136 18F2 1B30 47A8 D14B E13E 9C6A

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.17 kB)
signature.asc (447.00 B)
Digital signature

by Grant Likely

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Hank Leininger <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 06:28:19PM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
>> Hi MARC list archive folks,
>>
>> could you please start archiving the following recently addes VGER lists
>> at marc.info:
>>
>> These go into the "Linux" folder:
>> linux-gpio: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-gpio
>> linux-spi: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-spi
>>
>> This one goes into "Development" or "Misc" I guess:
>> devicetree: http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree
>
> Sure, I've just subscribed us to all three. They'll show in 'Misc' once
> some traffic comes in, and then I'll (have to remember to) move them.
>
> I realize MARC didn't carry the old/original devicetree-discuss list at
> ozlabs. I'm pulling down the archives from that list now. Should I
> import them as 'devicetree-discuss' (historically accurate) or as
> 'devicetree' (so they will appear seamless in MARC w/the new vger list's
> traffic)?

As long as it doesn't cause any problems with duplicate messages for
the next short little while, I would merge the two archives.

Thanks Hank.

g.

2013-07-20 20:50:21

by Hank Leininger

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 08:18:54PM +0100, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Hank Leininger <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I realize MARC didn't carry the old/original devicetree-discuss list at
> > ozlabs. I'm pulling down the archives from that list now. Should I
> > import them as 'devicetree-discuss' (historically accurate) or as
> > 'devicetree' (so they will appear seamless in MARC w/the new vger list's
> > traffic)?
>
> As long as it doesn't cause any problems with duplicate messages for
> the next short little while, I would merge the two archives.

Sold! Importing them now as 'devicetree'. Because I grabbed them at
the same time as I subscribed to the new list, there shouldn't be any
overlap/duplicates.

Thanks,

Hank

Attachments:
(No filename) (764.00 B)
signature.asc (447.00 B)
Digital signature

by Grant Likely

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:29:39 -0700, Joe Perches <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 18:23 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
> > The ozlabs devicetree list was requiring too much work to moderate, so
> > I'm closing down that list and replacing it with a list on
> > vger.kernel.org.
> >
> > http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree
>
> Hey Grant.
>
> Can you also please setup an email archive?
> Something like gmane or equivalent.

MARC is set up now.

> Maybe a patchwork entry too?

I'm not going to do a patchwork on this list since both Linux kernel and
dtc patches arrive here. Although if the bindings maintainers decide
they want one, then they can set one up.

g.

2013-07-30 11:52:28

by Florian Fainelli

Hello,

2013/7/20 Grant Likely <[email protected]>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The ozlabs devicetree list was requiring too much work to moderate, so
> I'm closing down that list and replacing it with a list on
> vger.kernel.org.
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#devicetree
>
> I'll be sending a patch to MAINTAINERS shortly.

It would have been very nice to prevent the old one from rejecting
messages right away, especially when replying to old messages which
have been sent to the old address.
--
Florian