2018-11-01 18:53:36

by David Miller

Subject: PLEASE READ: kernelci.org bot email problems

The [email protected] emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org

The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
headers.

Specifical, the From address is:

From: kernelci.orgbot <[email protected]>

By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

Can someone please contact whoever maintains the bot so
they can fix this?

Thank you.

2018-11-02 13:57:40

by Matt Hart

Subject: Re: PLEASE READ: kernelci.org bot email problems

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 18:51, David Miller <[email protected]> wrote:

> The [email protected] emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org
>
> The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
> headers.
>
> Specifical, the From address is:
>
> From: kernelci.orgbot <[email protected]>
>
> By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
> headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

We mostly just rely on gmail to deal with this, so it's pretty
disappointing to see a malformed header.

> Can someone please contact whoever maintains the bot so
> they can fix this?

Many thanks for the info! We'll get on this asap.

> Thank you.

2018-11-06 18:08:06

by Matt Hart

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 13:55, Matt Hart <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 18:51, David Miller <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > The [email protected] emails are being bounced by vger.kernel.org
> >
> > The reason is that there are always syntax errors in the SMTP
> > headers.
> >
> > Specifical, the From address is:
> >
> > From: kernelci.orgbot <[email protected]>
> >
> > By SMTP rules, when special characters such a '.' appear in
> > headers, the string must be surrounded by double quotes.

We believe this is now fixed, could you confirm?