2021-12-10 20:11:48

by Rafał Wysocki

Subject: [GIT PULL] Thermal control fix for v5.16-rc5

Hi Linus,

Please pull from the tag

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git \
thermal-5.16-rc5

with top-most commit f872f73601b92c86f3da8bdf3e19abd0f1780eb9

thermal: int340x: Fix VCoRefLow MMIO bit offset for TGL

on top of commit 0fcfb00b28c0b7884635dacf38e46d60bf3d4eb1

Linux 5.16-rc4

to receive a thermal control fix for 5.16-rc5.

This fixes the definition of one of the Tiger Lake MMIO registers
in the int340x thermal driver (Sumeet Pawnikar).

Thanks!

---------------

Sumeet Pawnikar (1):
thermal: int340x: Fix VCoRefLow MMIO bit offset for TGL

---------------

drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/processor_thermal_rfim.c | 2 +-

by Linus Torvalds

Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Thermal control fix for v5.16-rc5

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 12:11 PM Rafał Wysocki <[email protected]> wrote:

> This fixes the definition of one of the Tiger Lake MMIO registers
> in the int340x thermal driver (Sumeet Pawnikar).

Funky.

You sent me three pull requests, and two of them came with your normal
address, and now the third from a new gmail one that I've never seen
before.

I also note that this one uses the proper utf-8 "Rafał" rather than
"Rafael" - is that your preferred spelling?

I see the signed tag, and I notice that you do have this gmail address
in your key, so this is all fine, but now I'm not sure how to spell
your name any more ;)

Linus

2021-12-10 23:17:55

by Rafael J. Wysocki

On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 11:43 PM Linus Torvalds
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 12:11 PM Rafał Wysocki <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > This fixes the definition of one of the Tiger Lake MMIO registers
> > in the int340x thermal driver (Sumeet Pawnikar).
>
> Funky.
>
> You sent me three pull requests, and two of them came with your normal
> address, and now the third from a new gmail one that I've never seen
> before.

Well, I had used that address before I started to use the kernel.org
one. Now I'm using it for personal stuff, but sometimes it slips
through. Sorry for the confusion.

> I also note that this one uses the proper utf-8 "Rafał" rather than
> "Rafael" - is that your preferred spelling?

It's Rafael in the English-speaking part of the world.

> I see the signed tag, and I notice that you do have this gmail address
> in your key, so this is all fine, but now I'm not sure how to spell
> your name any more ;)

It actually is fine both ways as far as I'm concerned. :-)

That said the people on the mailing lists are used to the Rafael one
so I'd rather stick to using it here.

Cheers!

2021-12-11 01:39:04

by pr-tracker-bot

The pull request you sent on Fri, 10 Dec 2021 21:11:34 +0100:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git thermal-5.16-rc5

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/b9902641b50d8606dbc2832888a27a40cdea73c9

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.