2013-05-29 02:45:57

by Drunkard Zhang

Subject: Dead URL in Documentation/acpi/dsdt-override.txt

The domain name http://www.lesswatts.org in
Documentation/acpi/dsdt-override.txt is unresolvable, so the URL is
dead too. I found some good docs in this topic:

http://wiki.debian.org/OverridingDSDT

2013-05-29 08:33:47

by Drunkard Zhang

Sorry, forgot to Cc.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Drunkard Zhang <[email protected]>
Date: 2013/5/29
To: linux-kernel <[email protected]>

The domain name http://www.lesswatts.org in
Documentation/acpi/dsdt-override.txt is unresolvable, so the URL is
dead too. I found some good docs in this topic:

http://wiki.debian.org/OverridingDSDT

2013-05-30 04:39:00

by Rob Landley

On 05/28/2013 09:45:35 PM, Drunkard Zhang wrote:
> The domain name http://www.lesswatts.org in
> Documentation/acpi/dsdt-override.txt is unresolvable, so the URL is
> dead too.

Judging solely from the t-shirt they gave me at OLS 2008, I knew the
website probably wasn't long for the world. (It lasted longer than I
expected.)

> I found some good docs in this topic:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/OverridingDSDT

The original is at
http://web.archive.org/web/20120328105600/http://www.lesswatts.org/projects/acpi/overridingDSDT.php
and since all this file does is link you to the (now defunct) web page,
I'll just copy it inline. (And cc: Arjan, who was the contact for that
website...)

(Sorry for the attachment, but balsa is crap and I've forgotten step
twelve of sending a non-whitespace damaged inline patch through it.
Something about frogs.)

Rob

Attachments:
(No filename) (861.00 B)