2014-04-30 13:26:54

by Krzysztof Kozlowski

Subject: Idea: regulator: Merge s2mpa01 with s2mps11

Dear Sachin,

The S2MPA01 and S2MPS1X PMICs regulator drivers look quite similar to
each other. Most of the S2MPA01 driver is the same as S2MPS11 (except
changes added for supporting S2MPS14).

I would like to merge these drivers into one. However I do not have
neither any board with S2MPA01 nor S2MPA01 datasheet.

What do you think about merging them? Could you test it later when I
will finish the development?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

2014-04-30 15:28:00

by Sachin Kamat

Subject: Re: Idea: regulator: Merge s2mpa01 with s2mps11

Hi Krzysztof,

On 30 April 2014 18:56, Krzysztof Kozlowski <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Sachin,
>

> The S2MPA01 and S2MPS1X PMICs regulator drivers look quite similar to
> each other. Most of the S2MPA01 driver is the same as S2MPS11 (except
> changes added for supporting S2MPS14).
>
> I would like to merge these drivers into one. However I do not have
> neither any board with S2MPA01 nor S2MPA01 datasheet.
>
> What do you think about merging them?

It is a good idea to merge them. That was my initial plan too.
I appreciate your offer to do the same.

>Could you test it later when I will finish the development?

I will not be able to do it immediately though as currently I am involved
with some other activity on a different h/w and will be on vacation for some
time later next week onwards.

--
With warm regards,
Sachin