2023-07-03 09:17:18

by syzbot

Subject: [syzbot] Monthly fat report (Jul 2023)

Hello fat maintainers/developers,

This is a 31-day syzbot report for the fat subsystem.
All related reports/information can be found at:
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fat

During the period, 3 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
In total, 11 issues are still open and 20 have been fixed so far.

Some of the still happening issues:

Ref Crashes Repro Title
<1> 347 Yes possible deadlock in filemap_fault
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7736960b837908f3a81d
<2> 257 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_get_block
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=247e66a2c3ea756332c7
<3> 181 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_iterate
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=38655f1298fefc58a904
<4> 100 Yes possible deadlock in exc_page_fault
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6d274a5dc4fa0974d4ad
<5> 39 Yes possible deadlock in do_user_addr_fault
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=278098b0faaf0595072b
<6> 2 Yes KASAN: slab-use-after-free Write in collect_expired_timers
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fb8d39ebb665f80c2ec1
<7> 1 Yes BUG: corrupted list in __mark_inode_dirty
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4a16683f5520de8e47c4

---
This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].

To disable reminders for individual bugs, reply with the following command:
#syz set <Ref> no-reminders

To change bug's subsystems, reply with:
#syz set <Ref> subsystems: new-subsystem

You may send multiple commands in a single email message.

2023-07-14 14:08:21

by Namjae Jeon

Subject: Re: [syzbot] Monthly fat report (Jul 2023)

<[email protected]>:
> Hello fat maintainers/developers,
Hi Syzbot,

It's not fat, it's exfat :)

> This is a 31-day syzbot report for the fat subsystem.
> All related reports/information can be found at:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fat
>
> During the period, 3 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
> In total, 11 issues are still open and 20 have been fixed so far.
>
> Some of the still happening issues:
>
> Ref Crashes Repro Title
> <1> 347 Yes possible deadlock in filemap_fault
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7736960b837908f3a81d
> <2> 257 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_get_block
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=247e66a2c3ea756332c7
> <3> 181 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_iterate
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=38655f1298fefc58a904
> <4> 100 Yes possible deadlock in exc_page_fault
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6d274a5dc4fa0974d4ad
> <5> 39 Yes possible deadlock in do_user_addr_fault
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=278098b0faaf0595072b
> <6> 2 Yes KASAN: slab-use-after-free Write in
> collect_expired_timers
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fb8d39ebb665f80c2ec1
> <7> 1 Yes BUG: corrupted list in __mark_inode_dirty
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4a16683f5520de8e47c4

Can you check if deadlock problem(<1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>) are
fixed with the following patch ?
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/T/#u

Numbers <6>, <7> are not exfat issues. Can you remove them in your list?

Thanks.
> ---
> This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].
>
> To disable reminders for individual bugs, reply with the following command:
> #syz set <Ref> no-reminders
>
> To change bug's subsystems, reply with:
> #syz set <Ref> subsystems: new-subsystem
>
> You may send multiple commands in a single email message.

2023-07-14 17:58:09

by Aleksandr Nogikh

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 3:45 PM Namjae Jeon <[email protected]> wrote:

> <[email protected]>:
> > Hello fat maintainers/developers,
> Hi Syzbot,
>
> It's not fat, it's exfat :)

I'll look into renaming it on syzbot :)

> > This is a 31-day syzbot report for the fat subsystem.
> > All related reports/information can be found at:
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fat
> >
> > During the period, 3 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
> > In total, 11 issues are still open and 20 have been fixed so far.
> >
> > Some of the still happening issues:
> >
> > Ref Crashes Repro Title
> > <1> 347 Yes possible deadlock in filemap_fault
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7736960b837908f3a81d
> > <2> 257 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_get_block
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=247e66a2c3ea756332c7
> > <3> 181 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_iterate
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=38655f1298fefc58a904
> > <4> 100 Yes possible deadlock in exc_page_fault
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6d274a5dc4fa0974d4ad
> > <5> 39 Yes possible deadlock in do_user_addr_fault
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=278098b0faaf0595072b
> > <6> 2 Yes KASAN: slab-use-after-free Write in
> > collect_expired_timers

#syz set <6> subsystems: reiserfs

> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fb8d39ebb665f80c2ec1
> > <7> 1 Yes BUG: corrupted list in __mark_inode_dirty

#syz set <7> subsystems: reiserfs

> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4a16683f5520de8e47c4
> >

> Can you check if deadlock problem(<1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>) are
> fixed with the following patch ?
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/T/#u

We currently unfortunately don't support bulk testing, I've sent a few
requests manually (<1>, <3>, <4>):
https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/ynCUkcnqEiQ/m/qsVWSdWOBAAJ
https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/jKpqY82OuZk
https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/7CO-77jYTAQ/m/lBmXby-OBAAJ

> Numbers <6>, <7> are not exfat issues. Can you remove them in your list?

Thanks for triaging! I've updated their subsystems to reiserfs (see
commands above).

> Thanks.
> > ---
> > This report is generated by a bot. It may contain errors.
> > See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for more information about syzbot.
> > syzbot engineers can be reached at [email protected].
> >
> > To disable reminders for individual bugs, reply with the following command:
> > #syz set <Ref> no-reminders
> >
> > To change bug's subsystems, reply with:
> > #syz set <Ref> subsystems: new-subsystem
> >
> > You may send multiple commands in a single email message.

by Namjae Jeon

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 3:45 PM Namjae Jeon <[email protected]> wrote:

>> <[email protected]>:
>> > Hello fat maintainers/developers,
>> Hi Syzbot,
>>
>> It's not fat, it's exfat :)
>
> I'll look into renaming it on syzbot :)
>

>> > This is a 31-day syzbot report for the fat subsystem.
>> > All related reports/information can be found at:
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/s/fat
>> >
>> > During the period, 3 new issues were detected and 0 were fixed.
>> > In total, 11 issues are still open and 20 have been fixed so far.
>> >
>> > Some of the still happening issues:
>> >
>> > Ref Crashes Repro Title
>> > <1> 347 Yes possible deadlock in filemap_fault
>> >
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=7736960b837908f3a81d
>> > <2> 257 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_get_block
>> >
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=247e66a2c3ea756332c7
>> > <3> 181 Yes possible deadlock in exfat_iterate
>> >
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=38655f1298fefc58a904
>> > <4> 100 Yes possible deadlock in exc_page_fault
>> >
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=6d274a5dc4fa0974d4ad
>> > <5> 39 Yes possible deadlock in do_user_addr_fault
>> >
>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=278098b0faaf0595072b
>> > <6> 2 Yes KASAN: slab-use-after-free Write in
>> > collect_expired_timers
>
> #syz set <6> subsystems: reiserfs
>

>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=fb8d39ebb665f80c2ec1
>> > <7> 1 Yes BUG: corrupted list in __mark_inode_dirty
>
> #syz set <7> subsystems: reiserfs
>

>> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?extid=4a16683f5520de8e47c4
>> >

>> Can you check if deadlock problem(<1>, <2>, <3>, <4>, <5>, <6>) are
>> fixed with the following patch ?
>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email protected]/T/#u
>
> We currently unfortunately don't support bulk testing, I've sent a few
> requests manually (<1>, <3>, <4>):
> https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/ynCUkcnqEiQ/m/qsVWSdWOBAAJ
> https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/jKpqY82OuZk
> https://groups.google.com/g/syzkaller-bugs/c/7CO-77jYTAQ/m/lBmXby-OBAAJ

I understood that the problem are fixed with this patch. We will apply
it with syzbot's tested-by tag.
Thanks for your help!