2022-10-12 19:27:57

by Bjorn Helgaas

Subject: Add linux-parport archives to lore.kernel.org?

The [email protected] mailing list is listed in
MAINTAINERS. There's not much current activity [1], but I suspect
there's some useful history that we might want to preserve.

Should we add linux-parport to the lore.kernel.org archives?

https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives like
infradead has are not ideal, but I don't have any archives at all, and
I don't know how to get even pipermail archives out of infradead.

Bjorn

[1] https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-parport/

2022-10-12 20:41:25

by Bjorn Helgaas

Subject: Re: Add linux-parport archives to lore.kernel.org?

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 02:12:03PM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> The [email protected] mailing list is listed in
> MAINTAINERS. There's not much current activity [1], but I suspect
> there's some useful history that we might want to preserve.
>
> Should we add linux-parport to the lore.kernel.org archives?
>
> https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives like
> infradead has are not ideal, but I don't have any archives at all, and
> I don't know how to get even pipermail archives out of infradead.

FWIW, here's a link to pipermail "archives" downloaded with:
wget -r -np -l 1 -n d -A gz http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/$LIST/
tar cf $LIST.tar $LIST
xz -9 $LIST.tar

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rS8r7M0fs18k6ehdLp9cgwYMPZIhCRKI/view?usp=sharing

2022-10-12 21:57:03

by Sudip Mukherjee

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 8:12 PM Bjorn Helgaas <[email protected]> wrote:

> The [email protected] mailing list is listed in
> MAINTAINERS. There's not much current activity [1], but I suspect
> there's some useful history that we might want to preserve.
>
> Should we add linux-parport to the lore.kernel.org archives?

It would be really great, if it is possible to have the list and the
archive in lore.kernel.org

Sudip

2022-10-13 00:18:57

by Info Skymem

Subject: Re: [Linux-parport] Add linux-parport archives to lore.kernel.org?

Hi,
thank you for your information.

On our website you can find email addresses of companies and people.
https://www.skymem.info

In short, it’s like Google for emails.

Best regards,
Robert,
Skymem team

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 10:57 PM Sudip Mukherjee
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 8:12 PM Bjorn Helgaas <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > The [email protected] mailing list is listed in
> > MAINTAINERS. There's not much current activity [1], but I suspect
> > there's some useful history that we might want to preserve.
> >
> > Should we add linux-parport to the lore.kernel.org archives?
>
> It would be really great, if it is possible to have the list and the
> archive in lore.kernel.org
>
> --
> Regards
> Sudip

by Konstantin Ryabitsev

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 02:12:01PM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> The [email protected] mailing list is listed in
> MAINTAINERS. There's not much current activity [1], but I suspect
> there's some useful history that we might want to preserve.
>
> Should we add linux-parport to the lore.kernel.org archives?
>
> https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html says pipermail archives like
> infradead has are not ideal, but I don't have any archives at all, and
> I don't know how to get even pipermail archives out of infradead.

The archiver is now subscribed to the list. Once we have the archives, we can
complete the setup.

-K