2022-04-15 09:32:31

by David Malcolm

Subject: Re: Plumbers conf presentation on -fanalyze?

On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 14:42 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> Hi David,
> Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
>
> We had seen
> https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/04/12/state-static-analysis-gcc-12-compiler#scaling_up_the_analyzer
> particularly the section on The Linux kernel and were wondering if
> you'd be interested in presenting more information about -fanalyze to
> kernel and toolchain developers there?

Thanks! I'm very much interested, but am not yet sure about travel
(both in terms of (a) budget and (b) possible new virus strains). Is
this conference going to be purely in-person, or hybrid virtual/in-
person?

Dave

2022-04-16 00:34:53

by Nick Desaulniers

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM David Malcolm <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 14:42 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > Hi David,
> > Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> > Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> > this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
> >
> > We had seen
> > https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/04/12/state-static-analysis-gcc-12-compiler#scaling_up_the_analyzer
> > particularly the section on The Linux kernel and were wondering if
> > you'd be interested in presenting more information about -fanalyze to
> > kernel and toolchain developers there?
>
> Thanks! I'm very much interested, but am not yet sure about travel
> (both in terms of (a) budget and (b) possible new virus strains). Is
> this conference going to be purely in-person, or hybrid virtual/in-
> person?

I didn't see an answer to that question on
https://lpc.events/event/16/page/185-faqs.
cc' James + Stephen who might be able to answer that more precisely
than I could.
~Nick Desaulniers

2022-04-16 01:37:24

by James Bottomley

On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 15:13 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM David Malcolm <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 14:42 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > > Hi David,
> > > Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together
> > > Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers
> > > Conference
> > > this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
> > >
> > > We had seen
> > > https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/04/12/state-static-analysis-gcc-12-compiler#scaling_up_the_analyzer
> > > particularly the section on The Linux kernel and were wondering
> > > if
> > > you'd be interested in presenting more information about
> > > -fanalyze to
> > > kernel and toolchain developers there?
> >
> > Thanks! I'm very much interested, but am not yet sure about travel
> > (both in terms of (a) budget and (b) possible new virus
> > strains). Is
> > this conference going to be purely in-person, or hybrid virtual/in-
> > person?
>
> I didn't see an answer to that question on
> https://lpc.events/event/16/page/185-faqs.
> cc' James + Stephen who might be able to answer that more precisely
> than I could.

It's going to be hybrid ... I thought we actually managed to announce
that but forgot to put it on the front page. However, there is a
caveat: to minimize the risk of technical issues, we'd very much like
the content producers (speakers etc) to be in person. This won't be a
blanket requirement but we'll be unhappy if you try to have a MC with
mostly virtual speakers for instance.

Jaems

2022-06-21 22:52:08

by Nick Desaulniers

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM David Malcolm <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 14:42 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > Hi David,
> > Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together a
> > Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers Conference
> > this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
> >
> > We had seen
> > https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/04/12/state-static-analysis-gcc-12-compiler#scaling_up_the_analyzer
> > particularly the section on The Linux kernel and were wondering if
> > you'd be interested in presenting more information about -fanalyze to
> > kernel and toolchain developers there?
>
> Thanks! I'm very much interested, but am not yet sure about travel
> (both in terms of (a) budget and (b) possible new virus strains). Is
> this conference going to be purely in-person, or hybrid virtual/in-
> person?

Hi David,
If you're still considering attending Linux Plumbers conf, please
submit a proposal:
https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/
Please make sure to select "Toolchains Track" as the "Track" after
clicking on "Submit new abstract."

> Dave

~Nick Desaulniers

2022-06-22 19:28:24

by David Malcolm

On Tue, 2022-06-21 at 15:06 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 3:08 PM David Malcolm <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 2022-04-14 at 14:42 -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> > > Hi David,
> > > Jose and I are currently in the planning process to put together
> > > Kernel+Toolchain microconference track at Linux Plumbers
> > > Conference
> > > this year (Sept 12-14) in Dublin, Ireland.
> > >
> > > We had seen
> > >
> > > https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/04/12/state-static-analysis-gcc-12-compiler#scaling_up_the_analyzer
> > > particularly the section on The Linux kernel and were wondering
> > > if
> > > you'd be interested in presenting more information about -
> > > fanalyze to
> > > kernel and toolchain developers there?
> >
> > Thanks!  I'm very much interested, but am not yet sure about travel
> > (both in terms of (a) budget and (b) possible new virus strains).
> > Is
> > this conference going to be purely in-person, or hybrid virtual/in-
> > person?
>
> Hi David,
> If you're still considering attending Linux Plumbers conf, please
> submit a proposal:
> https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/
> Please make sure to select "Toolchains Track" as the "Track" after
> clicking on "Submit new abstract."

Hi Nick

Thanks, I've registered to attend, and have submitted this abstract:

https://lpc.events/event/16/abstracts/1293/

("GCC's -fanalyzer and the Linux kernel" #177)

Hope the above looks good.

Dave