2023-12-14 00:18:36

by Sean Christopherson

Subject: [ANNOUNCE / RFC] PUCK Future Topics

Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
mass.

If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)

If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
be.

Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.

Thanks!

2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron

2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R

2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?

2024.01.24 - TDP MMU for IOMMU
Needs: Paolo, Yan, Jason, ???

P.S. if you're wondering, what the puck is PUCK?

Time: 6am PDT
Video: https://meet.google.com/vdb-aeqo-knk
Phone: https://tel.meet/vdb-aeqo-knk?pin=3003112178656

Calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=Y182MWE1YjFmNjQ0NzM5YmY1YmVkN2U1ZWE1ZmMzNjY5Y2UzMmEyNTQ0YzVkYjFjN2M4OTE3MDJjYTUwOTBjN2Q1QGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20
Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aTqCrvTsQI9T4qLhhLs_l986SngGlhPH?resourcekey=0-FDy0ykM3RerZedI8R-zj4A&usp=drive_link

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]

2023-12-14 03:32:29

by Marc Zyngier

Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE / RFC] PUCK Future Topics

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 00:17:53 +0000,
Sean Christopherson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> mass.
>
> If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
>
> If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> be.
>
> Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
>
> 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R
>
> 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA

DMA?

> Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?

Do we need anyone from the other architectures? I wouldn't be
surprised if RISC-V was at least as picky as ARM on that front
(assuming this really is about DMA and not something else).

M.

by Sean Christopherson

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 00:17:53 +0000,
> Sean Christopherson <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> > would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> > mass.
> >
> > If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> > PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> > if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
> >
> > If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> > topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> > accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> > be.
> >
> > Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> > particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> > post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> > Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
> >
> > 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> > Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R
> >
> > 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
>
> DMA?

Doh, yes, DMA.

> > Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?
>
> Do we need anyone from the other architectures? I wouldn't be
> surprised if RISC-V was at least as picky as ARM on that front
> (assuming this really is about DMA and not something else).

Ah, yeah, probably. I had just heard rumblings about ARM, and so ARM was on my
mind. I added people from all the other flavors of KVM.

2023-12-14 17:12:10

by Oliver Upton

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 04:17:53PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> mass.
>
> If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
>
> If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> be.
>
> Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
>
> 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R
>
> 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
> Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?

Can we move this one? I'm traveling 01.08-01.16 and really don't want
to miss this due to jetlag or travel delays.

Oliver

2023-12-15 18:54:53

by David Matlack

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 4:18 PM Sean Christopherson <[email protected]> wrote:

> 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron

This works for me. And in case we need to reschedule I can also do any
of the other Wednesdays in January.

Thanks Sean!

2023-12-15 20:13:56

by Sean Christopherson

On Thu, Dec 14, 2023, Oliver Upton wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 04:17:53PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> > would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> > mass.
> >
> > If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> > PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> > if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
> >
> > If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> > topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> > accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> > be.
> >
> > Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> > particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> > post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> > Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
> >
> > 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> > Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R
> >
> > 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
> > Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?
>
> Can we move this one? I'm traveling 01.08-01.16 and really don't want
> to miss this due to jetlag or travel delays.

Ya, can do. I'll pencil it in for 01.24.

Yan (and others) would 01.31 work for the "TDP MMU for IOMMU" discussion? Or if
you think you'll be ready earlier, 01.17 is also available (at least for now).
And February and beyond is obviously wide open :-)

2023-12-18 06:09:46

by Yan Zhao

+Jason,
On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:13:27PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2023, Oliver Upton wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 04:17:53PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > > Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> > > would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> > > mass.
> > >
> > > If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> > > PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> > > if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
> > >
> > > If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> > > topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> > > accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> > > be.
> > >
> > > Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> > > particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> > > post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >

> > > 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> > > Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
> > >
> > > 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> > > Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R
> > >
> > > 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
> > > Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?
> >
> > Can we move this one? I'm traveling 01.08-01.16 and really don't want
> > to miss this due to jetlag or travel delays.
>
> Ya, can do. I'll pencil it in for 01.24.
>
> Yan (and others) would 01.31 work for the "TDP MMU for IOMMU" discussion? Or if
> you think you'll be ready earlier, 01.17 is also available (at least for now).
Either 01.17 or 01.31 is working for me.
But looks earlier is better :)

hi Jason,
Would you like to join the session to discuss "TDP MMU for IOMMU", which is on
01.17 or 01.31?
(6am PDT
Video: https://meet.google.com/vdb-aeqo-knk
Phone: https://tel.meet/vdb-aeqo-knk?pin=3003112178656
)

Thanks
Yan

2024-01-08 23:55:19

by Michael Roth

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 04:17:53PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> Hi all! There are a handful of PUCK topics that I want to get scheduled, and
> would like your help/input in confirming attendance to ensure we reach critical
> mass.
>
> If you are on the Cc, please confirm that you are willing and able to attend
> PUCK on the proposed/tentative date for any topics tagged with your name. Or
> if you simply don't want to attend, I suppose that's a valid answer too. :-)
>
> If you are not on the Cc but want to ensure that you can be present for a given
> topic, please speak up asap if you have a conflict. I will do my best to
> accomodate everyone's schedules, and the more warning I get the easier that will
> be.
>
> Note, the proposed schedule is largely arbitrary, I am not wedded to any
> particular order. The only known conflict at this time is the guest_memfd()
> post-copy discussion can't land on Jan 10th.
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2024.01.03 - Post-copy for guest_memfd()
> Needs: David M, Paolo, Peter Xu, James, Oliver, Aaron
>
> 2024.01.10 - Unified uAPI for protected VMs
> Needs: Paolo, Isaku, Mike R

Hi Sean,

I'll be present for this one. Not sure what the specific agenda is, but
hoping we can cover some of the hooks that were proposed in this RFC
series and are now part of SNP hypervisor v11 patchset:

https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/[email protected]/

-Mike

> 2024.01.17 - Memtypes for non-coherent MDA
> Needs: Paolo, Yan, Oliver, Marc, more ARM folks?
>
> 2024.01.24 - TDP MMU for IOMMU
> Needs: Paolo, Yan, Jason, ???
>

> P.S. if you're wondering, what the puck is PUCK?
>
> Time: 6am PDT
> Video: https://meet.google.com/vdb-aeqo-knk
> Phone: https://tel.meet/vdb-aeqo-knk?pin=3003112178656
>
> Calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0?cid=Y182MWE1YjFmNjQ0NzM5YmY1YmVkN2U1ZWE1ZmMzNjY5Y2UzMmEyNTQ0YzVkYjFjN2M4OTE3MDJjYTUwOTBjN2Q1QGdyb3VwLmNhbGVuZGFyLmdvb2dsZS5jb20
> Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aTqCrvTsQI9T4qLhhLs_l986SngGlhPH?resourcekey=0-FDy0ykM3RerZedI8R-zj4A&usp=drive_link
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email protected]

2024-01-09 00:24:54

by Jason Gunthorpe

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 01:40:11PM +0800, Yan Zhao wrote:
> +Jason,
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:13:27PM -0800, Sean Christopherson wrote:

> > > Can we move this one? I'm traveling 01.08-01.16 and really don't want
> > > to miss this due to jetlag or travel delays.
> >
> > Ya, can do. I'll pencil it in for 01.24.
> >
> > Yan (and others) would 01.31 work for the "TDP MMU for IOMMU" discussion? Or if
> > you think you'll be ready earlier, 01.17 is also available (at least for now).
> Either 01.17 or 01.31 is working for me.
> But looks earlier is better :)
>
> hi Jason,
> Would you like to join the session to discuss "TDP MMU for IOMMU", which is on
> 01.17 or 01.31?
> (6am PDT
> Video: https://meet.google.com/vdb-aeqo-knk
> Phone: https://tel.meet/vdb-aeqo-knk?pin=3003112178656
> )

Yes, I can make the 17 it looks like

Thanks,
Jason

2024-01-09 02:47:46

by Yan Zhao

On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 08:24:37PM -0400, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > hi Jason,
> > Would you like to join the session to discuss "TDP MMU for IOMMU", which is on
> > 01.17 or 01.31?
> > (6am PDT
> > Video: https://meet.google.com/vdb-aeqo-knk
> > Phone: https://tel.meet/vdb-aeqo-knk?pin=3003112178656