2013-05-09 11:25:44

by Steven Miao

Subject: [uclinux-dist-devel] [GIT PULL] Blackfin updates for 3.10

Hi Linus,

please pull blackfin updates for Linux 3.10, some minor changes for performance and bug fixes.

The following changes since commit c1be5a5b1b355d40e6cf79cc979eb66dafa24ad1:

Linux 3.9 (2013-04-28 17:36:01 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

https://github.com/realmz/blackfin-linux.git tags/for-linus

for you to fetch changes up to 5ae89ee043ce96e3790e6c75f3807c8e37d98634:

bfin cache: dcplb map: add 16M dcplb map for BF60x (2013-05-09 18:22:45 +0800)

blackfin updates for Linux 3.10

Aaron Wu (1):
Platform Nand: Set the GPIO for NAND read as input

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
blackfin: twi: Remove bogus #endif

James Cosin (1):
blackfin: fix bootup core clock and system clock display

Sonic Zhang (3):
blackfin: dmc: Improve DDR2 write through in DMC effict controller.
bf609: rsi: Add bf609 rsi MMR macro and board platform data.
blackfin: rename vmImage to uImage after we move to buildroot

Steven Miao (2):
blackfin: smp: fix smp build after drop asm/system.h
bfin cache: dcplb map: add 16M dcplb map for BF60x

arch/blackfin/Makefile | 6 ++--
arch/blackfin/boot/Makefile | 16 +++++-----
arch/blackfin/include/asm/atomic.h | 2 ++
arch/blackfin/include/asm/bfin_sdh.h | 31 ++++++++++++++++++--
arch/blackfin/include/asm/bitops.h | 1 +
arch/blackfin/include/asm/def_LPBlackfin.h | 2 ++
arch/blackfin/include/asm/mem_init.h | 9 ++++++
arch/blackfin/kernel/cplb-nompu/cplbinit.c | 16 ++++++++--
arch/blackfin/kernel/cplb-nompu/cplbmgr.c | 27 ++++++++++++++---
arch/blackfin/kernel/cplbinfo.c | 9 ++++--
arch/blackfin/kernel/setup.c | 2 +-
arch/blackfin/mach-bf537/boards/stamp.c | 1 +
arch/blackfin/mach-bf538/boards/ezkit.c | 1 -
.../mach-bf609/include/mach/cdefBF60x_base.h | 2 ++

by Linus Torvalds

Hmm. I'm used to pull blackfin updates from Bob Liu. I see that he has
signed your gpg key, so this all looks fine, but quite frankly, Id'
much rather be told ahead of time that "oh, expect pulls from another
person".

I do *not* want to end up in some kind of fight over who maintains
what. Bob? Am I supposed to expect blackfin pulls to come from Steven
now? Or is this a one-off? Or what?

I'll delay pulling waiting for explanations..

Linus

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:28 AM, Steven Miao (Steven Miao)
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> please pull blackfin updates for Linux 3.10, some minor changes for performance and bug fixes.

2013-05-10 00:27:14

by Stephen Rothwell

On Thu, 9 May 2013 14:53:42 -0700 Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hmm. I'm used to pull blackfin updates from Bob Liu. I see that he has
> signed your gpg key, so this all looks fine, but quite frankly, Id'
> much rather be told ahead of time that "oh, expect pulls from another
> person".
>
> I do *not* want to end up in some kind of fight over who maintains
> what. Bob? Am I supposed to expect blackfin pulls to come from Steven
> now? Or is this a one-off? Or what?

And should this tree be included in linux-next for future work (as well,
or instead of, the current blackfin tree)?

Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

Attachments:
(No filename) (685.00 B)
(No filename) (836.00 B)

by Steven Miao

Hi Stephen,

Yes, please update the current blackfin tree with:

https://github.com/realmz/blackfin-linux.git blackfin-linus

Thanks!

-steven

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 14:53:42 -0700 Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. I'm used to pull blackfin updates from Bob Liu. I see that he has
>> signed your gpg key, so this all looks fine, but quite frankly, Id'
>> much rather be told ahead of time that "oh, expect pulls from another
>> person".
>>
>> I do *not* want to end up in some kind of fight over who maintains
>> what. Bob? Am I supposed to expect blackfin pulls to come from Steven
>> now? Or is this a one-off? Or what?
>
> And should this tree be included in linux-next for future work (as well,
> or instead of, the current blackfin tree)?
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Stephen Rothwell [email protected]

2013-05-10 02:56:54

by Bob Liu

Hi Linus,

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:53 AM, Linus Torvalds
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hmm. I'm used to pull blackfin updates from Bob Liu. I see that he has
> signed your gpg key, so this all looks fine, but quite frankly, Id'
> much rather be told ahead of time that "oh, expect pulls from another
> person".
>
> I do *not* want to end up in some kind of fight over who maintains
> what. Bob? Am I supposed to expect blackfin pulls to come from Steven

Yes, please!
Because I left ADI and Steven will take the blackfin arch maintain work.

--Bob

2013-05-10 02:58:09

by Bob Liu

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Stephen Rothwell <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 May 2013 14:53:42 -0700 Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. I'm used to pull blackfin updates from Bob Liu. I see that he has
>> signed your gpg key, so this all looks fine, but quite frankly, Id'
>> much rather be told ahead of time that "oh, expect pulls from another
>> person".
>>
>> I do *not* want to end up in some kind of fight over who maintains
>> what. Bob? Am I supposed to expect blackfin pulls to come from Steven
>> now? Or is this a one-off? Or what?
>
> And should this tree be included in linux-next for future work (as well,
> or instead of, the current blackfin tree)?

Yes, please!
And now you can drop my blackfin git tree from linux-next.

--Bob

2013-05-11 19:37:53

by Mike Frysinger

On Thursday 09 May 2013 22:48:54 Steven Miao wrote:
> Hi Stephen,

please don't top post

> Yes, please update the current blackfin tree with:
>
> https://github.com/realmz/blackfin-linux.git blackfin-linus

why don't you sign up for an account on kernel.org and host your tree there ?
-mike

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part.

2013-05-13 00:04:36

by Stephen Rothwell

Hi Steven,

On Fri, 10 May 2013 10:48:54 +0800 Steven Miao <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, please update the current blackfin tree with:
>
> https://github.com/realmz/blackfin-linux.git blackfin-linus

With Bob's blessing, I have replaced the blackfin tree with:

git://github.com/realmz/blackfin-linux.git branch blackfin-linus

And, as Mike pointed out, having a tree on kernel.org would make life
easier for you (in getting Linus to take your pull requests).

I have you, Mike and Bob listed as the contacts.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code. The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
* submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
Signed-off-by,
* posted to the relevant mailing list,
* reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
* successfully unit tested, and
* destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

Stephen Rothwell
[email protected]

Legal Stuff:
By participating in linux-next, your subsystem tree contributions are
public and will be included in the linux-next trees. You may be sent
e-mail messages indicating errors or other issues when the
patches/commits from your subsystem tree are merged and tested in
linux-next. These messages may also be cross-posted to the linux-next
mailing list, the linux-kernel mailing list, etc. The linux-next tree
project and IBM (my employer) make no warranties regarding the linux-next
project, the testing procedures, the results, the e-mails, etc. If you
don't agree to these ground rules, let me know and I'll remove your tree
from participation in linux-next.

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.98 kB)
(No filename) (836.00 B)

by Steven Miao

Hi Mike,

Yes I did. But they said I need to find another two signatures except
sonic and bob, and some kernel developers are not in shanghai
recently. So I need 2 weeks or more to get a kernel.org account.

-steven