2001-04-10 16:21:06

by Dunlap, Randy

Subject: RE: [kbuild-devel] CML2 1.0.0 release announcement

> After 11 months of painstaking work and testing, CML2 1.0.0
> is ready for use,
> and ready to replace the current kernel-configuration system. You'll
> find it at <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/cml2/>. I've made a transition
> guide available at <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/cml2/transition.html>.

> From: Eric S. Raymond [mailto:[email protected]]
>
> Dunlap, Randy <[email protected]>:
> > I'd like to see one of the prominent web pages inform
> > people that Python version x.yy(?) is required to use CML2.
>
> It's in the README. Is that good enough?
> --

Then the README should be listed (linked) on one of the 2 web pages
above. I can't find it without downloading "CML2 prototype
and documentation," right? I think that it should be
more visible that Python version x.yy(?) is needed, without
having to download the tarball. Or did I miss the README
somewhere?

Thanks,
~Randy

2001-04-10 16:45:17

by Eric S. Raymond

Dunlap, Randy <[email protected]>:
> Then the README should be listed (linked) on one of the 2 web pages
> above. I can't find it without downloading "CML2 prototype
> and documentation," right? I think that it should be
> more visible that Python version x.yy(?) is needed, without
> having to download the tarball. Or did I miss the README
> somewhere?

I've added it to the project's web page.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring
one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their
own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the
mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good
government, and all that is necessary to close the circle of our
felicities.
-- Thomas Jefferson, in his 1801 inaugural address