2015-08-03 23:44:10

by Greg KH

Subject: Re: [v2 3/3] serial: 8250_dw: Add UPF_SKIP_TEST to flags depend on device tree

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 07:54:38AM +0300, Noam Camus wrote:
> From: Noam Camus <[email protected]>
>
> Add support for OF option "no-loopback-test"
>
> use case: simulator which does not implements loopback test mode.

Can't you just fix the simulator to be "correct"?

2015-08-10 19:21:30

by Noam Camus

> > Add support for OF option "no-loopback-test"
> >
> > use case: simulator which does not implements loopback test mode.
>
> Can't you just fix the simulator to be "correct"?

I just got this simulator pre-built and as kernel developer I borrowed from generic 8250 this idea for OF option. seem to me that loopback test is optional since kernel for generic 8250 already support "no-loopback-test" option.

Noam-