2020-04-20 09:41:41

by Lukas Bulwahn

Subject: MAINTAINERS: Wrong ordering in CCTRNG ARM TRUSTZONE CRYPTOCELL TRUE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR (TRNG) DRIVER

Hi Hadar,

with your commit 3c8e0bd10503 ("MAINTAINERS: add HG as cctrng
maintainer"), now visible on next-20200420, ./scripts/checkpatch.pl -f
MAINTAINERS complains:

#3908: FILE: MAINTAINERS:3908:
+F: drivers/char/hw_random/cctrng.h
+F: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rng/arm-cctrng.txt

WARNING: Misordered MAINTAINERS entry - list 'W:' before 'F:'
#3909: FILE: MAINTAINERS:3909:
+F: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/rng/arm-cctrng.txt
+W:
https://developer.arm.com/products/system-ip/trustzone-cryptocell/cryptocell-700-family

This is due to wrong ordering of the entries in your submission. If you
would like me to send you a patch fixing that, please just let me know.

Best regards,

Lukas

2020-04-20 09:53:18

by Hadar Gat

Thanks a lot Lukas.
I was wondering why this patch was not applied.. somehow I didn't get this warning when running checkpatch.pl.
I will fix this shortly, no need to send me a patch.

> Best regards,
>
> Lukas

Thanks,
Hadar

2020-04-20 10:18:33

by Andy Shevchenko

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:51 PM Hadar Gat <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was wondering why this patch was not applied.. somehow I didn't get this warning when running checkpatch.pl.

It a quite recent feature, so, if you are not running linux-next on
daily basis, you probably won't see it.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko