2002-03-04 11:50:53

by Alexander Sandler

Subject: FW: BUG in spinlock.h:133

Hi.

I am getting a BUG in include/asm-i386/spinlock.h:133 when I am doing some I/O with driver I am working on. Does anyone has any idea what it can be?
The system is Linux RedHat 7.1 on dual CPU machine running kernel 2.4.16.

Alexandr Sandler.

2002-03-04 18:44:07

by Robert Love

Subject: Re: FW: BUG in spinlock.h:133

On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 06:50, Alexander Sandler wrote:

> I am getting a BUG in include/asm-i386/spinlock.h:133 when I am doing some
> I/O with driver I am working on. Does anyone has any idea what it can be?
> The system is Linux RedHat 7.1 on dual CPU machine running kernel 2.4.16.

That BUG means lock->magic was not set properly, which is a debug-only
parameter to make sure the lock was properly initialized.

Thus, either you are not properly initializing your spin_locks or there
is a memory corruption problem.

The EIP at the time of the BUG should of been reported - what was it?
Find it in your System.map to see where the problem is ...

Robert Love

2002-03-05 12:16:15

by Alexander Sandler

Hi.

I found it. It was an uninitialized semahore.
10x for help.

Alexandr Sandler.