2000-11-20 17:26:12

by Rub?n Gallardo Fructuoso

Subject: Sharing memory between processes in kernel mode

Hi!

I want to share memory between two differents processes in kernel mode. The
goal is to copy the read buffer of a user process into the read buffer of
another user process. I know it's possible to do it by creating an
intermediate buffer in kernel mode and to use the 'copy_from_memory' and
'copy_to_user' functions for copying data from a process to other, but this
is a slow method. Can I do it in a different way? Are there functions for
turning user space pointers into kernel space pointers without copying data?

Thanks in advance,
Rub?n.