2000-12-20 06:27:25

by TongEng Chiah

Subject: TCP/IP kernel modification

Hi,

currently i'm experimenting with some routing
protocols. I need to modify the action taken by the
kernel after it fails to find a matching route in the
routing cache and the FIB.

i.e after the kernel calls ip_route_output() and
ip_route_output_slow() and fails to find a match, i
need the kernel to somehow "hook-up" with a
process/daemon(routing protocol) and access a user
route cache there.

how can i go about doing this?

thanks

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

2000-12-20 11:34:00

by Olaf Titz

Subject: Re: TCP/IP kernel modification

> i.e after the kernel calls ip_route_output() and
> ip_route_output_slow() and fails to find a match, i
> need the kernel to somehow "hook-up" with a
> process/daemon(routing protocol) and access a user
> route cache there.

You may try this: <URL:http://sites.inka.de/~bigred/sw/rrouted.txt>

Olaf