2001-04-22 11:15:03

by Samium Gromoff

Subject: Re: Delivery 2.4.x serial corruption

H guys, recently i have narrowed down the problem
with my modem what had pissed me off for a long time:_
before i thought it was ppp problem, because my small_
brain maked that simple logic chain: if ppp0 iface err
count grows -> tis is ppp problems.___________________
The fact is what the actual problem touches only
serial port in 2,4, not 2.2.__
it looks like that: each time i enter minicom_______
and request some info from my modem (ati6 or someth)__
an fixed amount is going excellent, but then things___
goes worse: second ati6 answer is HEAVILY corrupted___
alot of chars is gone, some had come..._______________
in msdos such a problem does NOT exist______ additional info: it sligtly depends on LDEV sample time

i use an `95 year 486 mboard with am5x86
p.s. with internal modems this problem is not that
chilling
thanx guys