2001-10-31 16:38:01

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: which cpu?

hi

which cpu should I compile for, when having a so-called "National SC1200
32bit, 266MHz, x86-compatible processor with integrated TV video
processor"?

thanks

please cc: to me as I'm not on the list

roy

---
Praktiserende dyslektiker.
La ikke ortografiske krumspring skygge for
intensjonen bak denne fremstilling.

2001-10-31 16:51:21

by Jordan Crouse

Subject: Re: which cpu?

That chip is commonly called a Geode.... :)

I have found the best results by compiling for a straight 586.... That way
you get all the benefits of the core 586 functionality, without straying into
any possible problems with Intel/AMD extensions (MMX, etc...).

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 09:38, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk mentioned:
> hi
>
> which cpu should I compile for, when having a so-called "National SC1200
> 32bit, 266MHz, x86-compatible processor with integrated TV video
> processor"?
>
> thanks
>
> please cc: to me as I'm not on the list
>
> roy
>
> ---
> Praktiserende dyslektiker.
> La ikke ortografiske krumspring skygge for
> intensjonen bak denne fremstilling.
>
> -

by Alan

> which cpu should I compile for, when having a so-called "National SC1200
> 32bit, 266MHz, x86-compatible processor with integrated TV video
> processor"?

Assuming its stil the same old nat semi geode rebadge with new numbers and
I guess new features - 586 without TSC - actually the TSC might work on the
one you have but the kernel wont trust it

2001-10-31 17:18:02

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

thanks

do you know if it's got an fpu?

---

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > which cpu should I compile for, when having a so-called "National SC1200
> > 32bit, 266MHz, x86-compatible processor with integrated TV video
> > processor"?
>
> Assuming its stil the same old nat semi geode rebadge with new numbers and
> I guess new features - 586 without TSC - actually the TSC might work on the
> one you have but the kernel wont trust it

2001-10-31 17:23:44

by Alan

> do you know if it's got an fpu?

I do. But you could download the spec sheet too

2001-10-31 17:42:02

by Thomas S. Iversen

> do you know if it's got an fpu?

http://www.national.com/pf/SC/SC1200.html