2001-11-30 10:46:14

by Salvatore D'Angelo

Subject: strange network message

hi all,

I upgrade my thinkpad with Mandrake 8.1 and with my "old" kernel 2.4.14.

When I try to bring up the eth0 interface the following message appears:

Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol

but all semms to work fine.

Please can tell me if I miss somethig in my kernel config file?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2001-11-30 10:54:24

by Christian Borntraeger

Subject: Re: strange network message

> When I try to bring up the eth0 interface the following message appears:
>
> Cannot open netlink socket: Address family not supported by protocol

You should activate CONFIG_NETLINK (Kernel/User netlink socket) and
CONFIG_RTNETLINK (routing messages) in you kernel network options config.

greetings

Christian Borntr?ger