2002-02-23 18:23:54

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

Subject: Promise 20269 support?

hi

Does anyone know when (or if) the PDC20269 driver will be merged into the
official 2.4 kernel?

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Alan

Subject: Re: Promise 20269 support?

> Does anyone know when (or if) the PDC20269 driver will be merged into the
> official 2.4 kernel?

With luck 2.4.19

2002-02-23 21:25:59

by Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

> > Does anyone know when (or if) the PDC20269 driver will be merged into the
> > official 2.4 kernel?
>
> With luck 2.4.19

What's the problem with it? I've been using the current one for a couple
of months without any problems, and I have tested it with a
half-a-terabyte RAID-0 with really high load. It's never let me down...

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester

Computers are like air conditioners.

by Alan

> > With luck 2.4.19
>
> What's the problem with it? I've been using the current one for a couple
> of months without any problems, and I have tested it with a
> half-a-terabyte RAID-0 with really high load. It's never let me down...

Its just a matter of timing. Its been tested a fair bit in -ac now, and is
looking very good, but Marcelo is going to delete any submission like that
for 2.4.18-rc, and rightfully so

2002-02-23 21:30:59

by Mike Fedyk

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 10:25:37PM +0100, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> > > Does anyone know when (or if) the PDC20269 driver will be merged into the
> > > official 2.4 kernel?
> >
> > With luck 2.4.19
> >

> What's the problem with it? I've been using the current one for a couple
> of months without any problems, and I have tested it with a
> half-a-terabyte RAID-0 with really high load. It's never let me down...
>
> roy

IIRC there was much controvercy about the ide patches when 2.4.18-pre-early
was open, and when the things washed over that time window was closed.
Marcello only accepts large changes in 2.4-pre-early, so it was too late...

Mike