2002-04-23 19:52:13

by Olaf Titz

Subject: [LKML] russian garbage spew

There are dozens of messages in linux-kernel with From and Subject
lines taken from a recent article of mine, with the body (apparently)
in Russian. Meanwhile I got stuff from a Russian mail<->news gateway
containing a majordomo-like help file. Looks like this gateway answers
to the list, talking to itself.

The help files are sent from [email protected] and contains
this paragraph:

In order to submit an article you should send the article with the
header field "Newsgroups:" containing the comma-separated list of
newsgroups (all newsgroups should be valid) to the address
[email protected].

Until the issues are resolved I urgently propose to remove these
addresses from the mailing list if possible. (CCd to the given contact
address in .su.)

Olaf

2002-04-23 20:09:43

by Alexander Viro

Subject: Re: [LKML] russian garbage spew

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Olaf Titz wrote:

> There are dozens of messages in linux-kernel with From and Subject
> lines taken from a recent article of mine, with the body (apparently)
> in Russian.

... said body produced by anti-virus filter installed by some cretin. It
was along the lines "your mail had been detained on our server since we
have reasons to believe that it contains a virus" and apparently had been
sent to all addresses this FPOS could find in headers.

Complaints to loniis.spb.su folks...