2006-02-21 21:12:18

by Pavel Machek

Subject: suspend to ram: request for testing

Hi!

In http://www.sf.net/projects/suspend 's CVS, there is a new version of s2ram
program. Now it includes vbetool, and long whitelist copied from
acpi_support-0.52 (thanks!).

Unlike using Doc*/power/video.txt stuff, where you need to configure
command line and/or set up scripts, it should just work. It if does
not, it should be easy to add your machine into whitelist.

Please test,

Pavel
--
Web maintainer for suspend.sf.net (http://www.sf.net/projects/suspend) wanted...

2006-02-23 05:25:14

by Jason Lunz

Subject: Re: suspend to ram: request for testing

[email protected] said:
> In http://www.sf.net/projects/suspend 's CVS, there is a new version of s2ram
> program. Now it includes vbetool, and long whitelist copied from
> acpi_support-0.52 (thanks!).

Is there any hope of s2ram/vbetool working on amd64?

Jason

2006-02-23 12:01:50

by Matthew Garrett

Jason Lunz <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] said:
>> In http://www.sf.net/projects/suspend 's CVS, there is a new version of s2ram
>> program. Now it includes vbetool, and long whitelist copied from
>> acpi_support-0.52 (thanks!).
>
> Is there any hope of s2ram/vbetool working on amd64?

The latest version of vbetool should do, though there's a couple of
bugfixes to come. Works fine on my amd64 laptop.

--
Matthew Garrett | [email protected]