2005-01-12 19:59:16

by Felipe Alfaro Solana

Subject: 2.6.11-rc1: ymfpci is broken when compiled as a module,

Hi!

Although I can compile ALSA YMFPCI into the kernel and it works
properly, building it as a module spews out a lot of errors when trying
to insert into the kernel. Please, see attached DMESG file and
config-2.6.11-rc1 files.

DMESG contains all the errors that are generated when trying to execute
"modprobe ymfpci".

Thanks.

Attachments:
DMESG (15.04 kB)
config-2.6.11-rc1 (24.76 kB)

by Takashi Iwai

At Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:48:24 +0100,
Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

> Although I can compile ALSA YMFPCI into the kernel and it works
> properly, building it as a module spews out a lot of errors when trying
> to insert into the kernel. Please, see attached DMESG file and
> config-2.6.11-rc1 files.
>
> DMESG contains all the errors that are generated when trying to execute
> "modprobe ymfpci".

(snip)
> snd: Unknown parameter `device_mode'

/etc/modprobe.conf (or other) seems to have an obsolete module option.

Takashi