2001-12-26 20:44:26

by Arturas V

Subject: RE: EEPro100 problems in SMP on 2.4.5 ?

>Hi. While doing some file tranfers to our new server (a Compaq >Proliant
>8way XEON 500 with 4gb ram and an EEPro100 NIC), the box socked sol (no
>oops, no response via network, no response via console). The other
> >hardware in the system was a Compaq Smart Array 9SMART2 driver). It's
>running Slackware 7.1.

We had similar problems with Compaq Proliant XEON EEPro100 NIC and Compaq
Spart Array. System would periodically hang or panic. Problems went away
after I replaced EEPRO100 NIC with TLAN NICs(Texas instruments or
"Thunderland"). It's a good indication that there could be a problem with
eepro driver.
---
Arturas Vaitaitis.
---
Please CC: to [email protected]

by Jeff Garzik

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 03:43:52PM -0500, Arturas V wrote:
> We had similar problems with Compaq Proliant XEON EEPro100 NIC and Compaq
> Spart Array. System would periodically hang or panic. Problems went away
> after I replaced EEPRO100 NIC with TLAN NICs(Texas instruments or
> "Thunderland"). It's a good indication that there could be a problem with
> eepro driver.

You not only replaced the driver but the hardware too. So, that tells
us nothing about the eepro100 driver really.

Jeff

Depending on the model, also, some EEPro100s were buggy hardware wise, and
had problems with various MBs.