2001-10-30 11:44:52

by John Nilsson

Subject: An API idéa

I just had an Idea...

What about deciding a comenting format where functions are declared.

This would be used by a parser that after each release, creates an API
documnet on kernel.org. I think that the format Sun uses for their online
API for Java is great, and if this was compleatly autometed, well not much
maintainer work...

/John Nilsson

... cc me? =) ...

by Andrey Panin

Subject: Re: An API idea

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 12:44:55PM +0100, John Nilsson wrote:
> I just had an Idea...
>
> What about deciding a comenting format where functions are declared.
>
> This would be used by a parser that after each release, creates an API
> documnet on kernel.org. I think that the format Sun uses for their online
> API for Java is great, and if this was compleatly autometed, well not much
> maintainer work...
>
> /John Nilsson
>
> ... cc me? =) ...

Read linux/Documentation/kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO.txt

--
Andrey Panin | Embedded systems software engineer
[email protected] | PGP key: http://www.orbita1.ru/~pazke/AndreyPanin.asc

Attachments:
(No filename) (652.00 B)
(No filename) (232.00 B)

by Alan

Subject: Re: An API idéa

> This would be used by a parser that after each release, creates an API
> documnet on kernel.org. I think that the format Sun uses for their online
> API for Java is great, and if this was compleatly autometed, well not much
> maintainer work...

Been there, done that. What we dont have is full documentation, feel free
to contribute soom. See the Documentation dir, kernel doc mini howto