2002-02-20 11:39:04

by Jordan Breeding

Subject: Adaptec dpt_i20.c broken in 2.5?

I will most likely be purchasing a system soon which will make use of an
Adaptec Zero Channel raid card and so it will require the use of the
dpt_i2o Adaptec driver. However, currently in 2.5.5 if you select
Adaptec i2o to be compiled it gives an error caused by this line:

#error Please convert me to Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt

Will this be fixed in a -pre version any time soon? Thanks for any info
on the situation with this scsi driver.

Jordan

2002-02-20 15:07:54

by Alan

Subject: Re: Adaptec dpt_i20.c broken in 2.5?

> dpt_i2o Adaptec driver. However, currently in 2.5.5 if you select
> Adaptec i2o to be compiled it gives an error caused by this line:
>
> #error Please convert me to Documentation/DMA-mapping.txt
>
> Will this be fixed in a -pre version any time soon? Thanks for any info
> on the situation with this scsi driver.

It depends when someone fixes it. The 2.4 one is fine, but for 2.5 you or
someone else need to adapt it to the new pci dma interfaces.

2002-02-20 17:00:45

by Bonds, Deanna

I will be getting to this soon.

Deanna