2006-10-05 17:09:09

by Komal Shah

Subject: Missed OMAP IrDA patch for 2.6.19?

Samuel,

Why the following patch never made it to -mm tree
OR to your IrDA tree for considering under 2.6.19?

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/27/141

---Komal Shah
http://komalshah.blogspot.com/

http://mail.yahoo.com

2006-10-06 09:32:57

by Samuel Ortiz

Subject: Re: Missed OMAP IrDA patch for 2.6.19?

Hi Komal,

On 10/5/2006, "Komal Shah" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Samuel,
>
>Why the following patch never made it to -mm tree
>OR to your IrDA tree for considering under 2.6.19?
Sorry for the confusion, but I thought Tony would push it to the
linux-omap tree.
I'll push it to Dave Miller's netdev tree.

Cheers,
Samuel.

>http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/27/141
>

>---Komal Shah
>http://komalshah.blogspot.com/

>http://mail.yahoo.com

2006-10-09 15:55:32

by Samuel Ortiz

Hi Komal,

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:09:06AM -0700, Komal Shah wrote:
> Samuel,
>
> Why the following patch never made it to -mm tree
> OR to your IrDA tree for considering under 2.6.19?
I had another look at the patch, and I just saw that it depends on
GPIOEXPANDER_OMAP. This symbol is currently only defined in Tony's tree, so
it would make more sense for Tony to push it there first.

Tony, can you push this patch to your tree ? I ACKed it after the second
iteration.

Cheers,
Samuel.

> http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/27/141
>

> ---Komal Shah
> http://komalshah.blogspot.com/

> http://mail.yahoo.com

2006-10-18 17:17:23

by Tony Lindgren

Hi,

* Samuel Ortiz <[email protected]> [061009 18:56]:
> Hi Komal,
>
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 10:09:06AM -0700, Komal Shah wrote:
> > Samuel,
> >
> > Why the following patch never made it to -mm tree
> > OR to your IrDA tree for considering under 2.6.19?
> I had another look at the patch, and I just saw that it depends on
> GPIOEXPANDER_OMAP. This symbol is currently only defined in Tony's tree, so
> it would make more sense for Tony to push it there first.

OK, netdev tree is the way to get this into mainline. Mainline tree
already has include/asm-arm/arch-omap/gpioexpander.h, but not
drivers/i2c/chips/gpio_expander_omap.c.

The gpio_expander_omap.c (which really is TI PCF8574) issues need
to be sorted out with the I2C folks, so meanwhile I suggest to continue
these two independently of each other. Especially since the IrDA drive
driver is usable on H2.

> Tony, can you push this patch to your tree ? I ACKed it after the second
> iteration.
>
> Cheers,
> Samuel.
>

> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/27/141

I'll push it, I guess I must have missed the original message.

Regards,

Tony