2019-08-02 09:12:42

by Stephen Rothwell

Subject: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the crypto tree

Hi all,

In commit

1b82feb6c5e1 ("crypto: qat - Silence smp_processor_id() warning")

Fixes tag

Fixes: ed8ccaef52 ("crypto: qat - Add support for SRIOV")

has these problem(s):

- SHA1 should be at least 12 digits long
Can be fixed by setting core.abbrev to 12 (or more) or (for git v2.11
or later) just making sure it is not set (or set to "auto").

Stephen Rothwell

Attachments:
(No filename) (499.00 B)
OpenPGP digital signature

2019-11-18 08:00:15

by Pascal Van Leeuwen

Stephen, Herbert,

My bad, I didn't know the Fixes tag should not be broken over
lines (and that rather conflicted with the 75 characters per
line rule here, which is why I did break it up).

I'm willing to fix that - except that I don't know how to create
a patch that _only_ fixes the commit description of something
already pulled into the cryptodev tree?

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Verimatrix