2002-02-08 23:35:43

by Karl

Subject: RE: Linus' email account is full. - Fwd: Mail System Error - Returned Mail

>The domain was misstyped. However, apparently there is a
>[email protected] too... very interesting indeed.

Maybe not. MS Exchange mail servers (can) forward erroneous mail
addresses within the domain to a specified recipient. My servers do this at
work because we work with a lot of international companies which use poor
spelling as a hiring prerequisite (I think). Anyway, I get all the mispelled
mail and they do not get a 'bounce' if I got Linus Torvalds e mail by
mistake I think you would get a very similar message to what you saw there
(I am guessing he gets a lot more than the rest of this list). I could be
way off base though in thinking this is similar.

Karl