2002-02-07 02:01:27

by Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo

Subject: ANNOUNCE: Janitor weekend!

Something that has been proposed for many moons, but something
we never got around to doing was an IRC janitor weekend.
Rather than further procrastinate, it's going to happen this
weekend, as of the Friday evening on irc.openprojects.net,
#kerneljanitor

For those that are not aware the kernel janitor project
(http://www.kerneljanitors.org) maintains a TODO list of
various parts of the kernel in need of some cleaning up.
The mailing list is working out quite well, but a lot of
subscribers are of the "I want to help, but need a push"
state. For this reason, a bunch of us will be around at
various times to answer questions, look through any
cleanup patches in progress..

So, grab a broom, and start cleaning 8-)

The Kernel Janitor Team.

2002-02-07 02:21:30

by Richard Russon

Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Janitor weekend!

hi acme,

> IRC janitor weekend.
> as of the Friday evening on irc.openprojects.net, #kerneljanitor

Great, but evening in which timezone?

FlatCap (Rich).

2002-02-07 02:27:21

by Rik van Riel

On 7 Feb 2002, Richard Russon wrote:

> > IRC janitor weekend.
> > as of the Friday evening on irc.openprojects.net, #kerneljanitor
>
> Great, but evening in which timezone?

All timezones, lets see how much we can get cleaned in
one whole weekend ;)

Rik
--
"Linux holds advantages over the single-vendor commercial OS"
-- Microsoft's "Competing with Linux" document

by Dave Jones

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:20:45AM +0000, Richard Russon wrote:
> hi acme,
> > IRC janitor weekend.
> > as of the Friday evening on irc.openprojects.net, #kerneljanitor
> Great, but evening in which timezone?

Undefined 8-) Not that it matters, you'll likely find some
early-birds there whenever evening happens for you 8-)

--
| Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
| SuSE Labs

2002-02-07 05:56:01

by Xavier Bestel

le jeu 07-02-2002 ? 03:01, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo a ?crit :
> Something that has been proposed for many moons, but something
> we never got around to doing was an IRC janitor weekend.
> Rather than further procrastinate, it's going to happen this
> weekend, as of the Friday evening on irc.openprojects.net,
> #kerneljanitor

A stupid question: why not #kerneljanitors (with an S) ?

Xav

2002-02-09 16:05:15

by Karl

Is this perhaps the WRONG weekend? I have checked many times. There is
a fella 'Johnflux' asleep there but he is alone.

2002-02-09 16:14:35

by Mark Zealey

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 10:20:10AM -0500, Karl wrote:

> Is this perhaps the WRONG weekend? I have checked many times. There is
> a fella 'Johnflux' asleep there but he is alone.

Maybe you went onto a split server. Try hogan, the server I am on, shows 68
people atm.

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.openprojects.net: #zealos and many more)

UL++++>$ G!>(GCM/GCS/GS/GM) dpu? s:-@ a16! C++++>$ P++++>+++++$ L+++>+++++$
!E---? W+++>$ N- !o? !w--- O? !M? !V? !PS !PE--@ PGP+? r++ !t---?@ !X---?
!R- b+ !tv b+ DI+ D+? G+++ e>+++++ !h++* r!-- y--

(http://www.geekcode.com)

2002-02-10 22:42:01

by Jeff Garzik

Karl wrote:

> Is this perhaps the WRONG weekend? I have checked many times. There is
> a fella 'Johnflux' asleep there but he is alone.

There are several people in there...

irc.openprojects.net
#kerneljanitor

--
Jeff Garzik | "I went through my candy like hot oatmeal
Building 1024 | through an internally-buttered weasel."