2002-12-29 12:53:36

by Linux Kernel Developer

Subject: Trying to get Linux to recognize PCI serial ports

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my system to recognize my new CompUSA PCI serial
ports. The serial ports are part of a multiport 2 serial/1 parallel PCI I/O
card based on the Nm9835CV chipset. According from what I have read in the
archives and in the kernel source these ports should be supported by the
latest kernel. (I'm running 2.4.20) I've tried both serial.o and
parport_serial.o drivers. Neither seam to recognize and configure my serial
ports. I've searched google and the linux kernel mailing list archives to
no avail. Can anyone give my any information on how I could configure these
ports? Thank you.

PS.

I've attached my dmesg and lspci output for this device.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments:
lspci.txt (630.00 B)
dmesg.txt (4.10 kB)