2003-08-28 16:46:07

by Dr. Michael Weller

Subject: megaide.o ATA Raid driver source, where?

Dear List,

I'm in desperate need of sources of the megaide LSILogic module.
There are plenty of references to compiled module for various kernels, but
none for my kernel a 2.4.19 with various UnitedLinux errata. The plain
2.4.19 megaide module does not work.

Are there sources somewhere?

Or is the driver closed source ? (But it doesn't seem so to me)

Thx in advance,
Michael.

--

Michael Weller: [email protected], [email protected],
or even [email protected]. If you encounter an eowmob account on

2003-08-28 17:00:28

by Arjan van de Ven

Subject: Re: megaide.o ATA Raid driver source, where?

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 18:46, Dr. Michael Weller wrote:

> Or is the driver closed source ? (But it doesn't seem so to me)

so far, LSI has decided that megaide.o contains critical IP and thus
hasn't released the sourcecode of this module at all (let alone under a
GPL license)

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part