2001-07-04 03:34:03

by Mike Sklar

Subject: history of mrproper

Hopefully someone could enlighten me on the history of mrproper. I think
its a great name for making sources *proper*. In particular I'd like to
know what the *mr* might stand for.

2001-07-04 03:49:08

by Kurt Maxwell Weber

Subject: Re: history of mrproper

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 22:33, Mike Sklar ignorantly blabbered:
> Hopefully someone could enlighten me on the history of mrproper. I think
> its a great name for making sources *proper*. In particular I'd like to
> know what the *mr* might stand for.

To differentiate it from Mrs. Proper.

Kurt Weber

by Kip Macy

Mr. Proper

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Mike Sklar wrote:

> Hopefully someone could enlighten me on the history of mrproper. I think
> its a great name for making sources *proper*. In particular I'd like to
> know what the *mr* might stand for.
>
> -

by David Chambers

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Mike Sklar wrote:

> Hopefully someone could enlighten me on the history of mrproper. I think
> its a great name for making sources *proper*. In particular I'd like to
> know what the *mr* might stand for.

Mr Proper looks like he's an alias of Mr. Clean (Procter and Gamble). A
very appropriate name considering the deep cleaning that "make mrproper"
does!

See e.g. http://www.mrproper.de and http://www.mrclean.com :-)