2005-05-01 06:12:34

by Xin Zhao

Subject: Can NFS map different clients to different uid/gid?

If so, how to do that?

If not, why not? Any technical difficulties?

Thanks for your information!

-x

2005-05-01 09:58:27

by Bodo Eggert

Xin Zhao <[email protected]> wrote:

Please write your question into the message body and read man 5 exports.
--
Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say:
10. I don't care what he says, I'm _NOT_ having it on _my_ network

2005-05-07 04:22:36

by Ricky Beam

On Sun, 1 May 2005, Xin Zhao wrote:
>Subject: Can NFS map different clients to different uid/gid?

see also: rpc.ugidd

Unfortunately, it looks like ugidd went away years ago. It was also a
security concern, but then again, no more so than nfsd trusting the uid
in the request.

knfsd does not support this. Your best bet looks like gss/krb5, but I've
never used it. (I prefer to avoid NFS entirely, wherever possible)

--Ricky