2006-08-20 13:49:25

by Jørn Amundsen

Subject: 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 oops

Dear Sirs, I got this oops when editing a file on a remote system,
logged in through ssh. Both screens suddenly turned black, and I found
the attached oops in /var/log/messages after pushing the reset button.

This occurred once, and I have really no clue of what might be the
root cause.

I send this in case it might be useful to further enhance the Linux
kernel, and have no further expectations. Will of course provide you
with more info if this is of interest.

Best Regards --J?rn Amundsen

Attachments:
oops.txt (5.34 kB)
cpuinfo.txt (485.00 B)
meminfo.txt (720.00 B)
ver_linux.txt (1.30 kB)
lspci.txt (8.26 kB)
modules.txt (2.45 kB)
ioports.txt (0.98 kB)
iomem.txt (1.03 kB)

by Michal Piotrowski

Subject: Re: 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 oops

Hi J?rn,

On 20/08/06, J?rn Amundsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Sirs, I got this oops when editing a file on a remote system,
> logged in through ssh. Both screens suddenly turned black, and I found
> the attached oops in /var/log/messages after pushing the reset button.

Please fill bug report
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

> Best Regards --J?rn Amundsen

Regards,
Michal

--
Michal K. K. Piotrowski
LTG - Linux Testers Group

2006-08-20 14:12:52

by Alexey Dobriyan

On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 04:01:20PM +0200, Michal Piotrowski wrote:
> On 20/08/06, J?rn Amundsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> >Dear Sirs, I got this oops when editing a file on a remote system,
> >logged in through ssh. Both screens suddenly turned black, and I found
> >the attached oops in /var/log/messages after pushing the reset button.
> >

> Please fill bug report
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

Which will be rejected there because of nvidia module.

2006-08-21 01:21:06

by Sergio Monteiro Basto

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 18:12 +0400, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 04:01:20PM +0200, Michal Piotrowski wrote:
> > On 20/08/06, J?rn Amundsen <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >Dear Sirs, I got this oops when editing a file on a remote system,
> > >logged in through ssh. Both screens suddenly turned black, and I found
> > >the attached oops in /var/log/messages after pushing the reset button.
> > >

> > Please fill bug report
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi
>
> Which will be rejected there because of nvidia module.

If you think that could be nvidia property drive
please report your problem here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

--
S?rgio M.B.