2000-11-17 05:26:38

by M.Kiran Babu

Subject: grphics mode problem

sir,
i am getting some problem with graphics mode. my system is opening in text
mode only. upto yesterday it is ok. but now it is failing to open in
graphics mode. i am using startx, xinit and Xconfigurator all options. but
even it is showing errors. it is displaying something cannot set font path
unix-->:1 and font cant find like this. what may be the reason. how to get
the graphics mode again. finally it is displaing one more statement
killed display :0.0 like this.
give me reply quickly.
bye
kiran

2000-11-20 13:40:54

by Igmar Palsenberg

Subject: Re: grphics mode problem

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, M.Kiran Babu wrote:

> sir,
> i am getting some problem with graphics mode. my system is opening in text
> mode only. upto yesterday it is ok. but now it is failing to open in
> graphics mode. i am using startx, xinit and Xconfigurator all options. but
> even it is showing errors. it is displaying something cannot set font path
> unix-->:1 and font cant find like this. what may be the reason. how to get
> the graphics mode again. finally it is displaing one more statement
> killed display :0.0 like this.
> give me reply quickly.

Your font server is dead, and this is not a kernel problem/

> bye
> kiran

Igmar