2001-04-12 15:00:17

by Felix Triebel

Subject: scanner problem

hi,

when trying to scan with xsane and "agfa snapscan 1236s", i get the
following message:

Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0, type 6
sym53c895-0-<5,*>: target did not report SYNC.
sym53c895-0-<5,0>: extraneous data discarded.
sym53c895-0-<5,0>: COMMAND FAILED (89 0) @cff3d000.

what can i do about this?

thanks, Felix

2001-04-12 19:32:33

by Gérard Roudier

Subject: Re: scanner problem

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> hi,
>
> when trying to scan with xsane and "agfa snapscan 1236s", i get the
> following message:
>
> Attached scsi generic sg2 at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0, type 6
> sym53c895-0-<5,*>: target did not report SYNC.

This message is just a warning. If your scanner does not support
synchronous data transfers, then it is ok. You may want to check the doc
of the device on this point.

> sym53c895-0-<5,0>: extraneous data discarded.
> sym53c895-0-<5,0>: COMMAND FAILED (89 0) @cff3d000.

This is the way the driver signals data overrun. Btw, I never used xsane.
If this tool has some trace mode that tells what SCSI commands are sent to
the device, this would help to get such traces.

> what can i do about this?

At least, try to catch the SCSI commands that are sent to the device, and
report them.

G?rard.