2001-04-18 18:17:39

by Jani Monoses

Subject: Rage Mobility P/M

Hi
does the atyfb or aty128fb support this chip?
Device id of 4c4d.
Using 2.4.3-ac7.

Thanks
Jani.

2001-04-18 18:29:31

by Ben Pfaff

Subject: Re: Rage Mobility P/M

Jani Monoses <[email protected]> writes:

> does the atyfb or aty128fb support this chip?
> Device id of 4c4d.
> Using 2.4.3-ac7.

I have a Rage Mobility with the same device ID on my laptop
(Compaq Armada M700) but haven't been able to get it working with
framebuffer. At any rate, atyfb is the proper one to use. Let
me know if you get it working, I'd like to use it too.
--
"How could this be a problem in a country
where we have Intel and Microsoft?"

2001-04-18 18:39:02

by Jani Monoses

Well I only use it with vesafb,but ywrap is doing strange stuff
(maybe the card misreports the amount of memory on it) and redraw
and ypan are sloooow...

On 18 Apr 2001, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Jani Monoses <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > does the atyfb or aty128fb support this chip?
> > Device id of 4c4d.
> > Using 2.4.3-ac7.
>
> I have a Rage Mobility with the same device ID on my laptop
> (Compaq Armada M700) but haven't been able to get it working with
> framebuffer. At any rate, atyfb is the proper one to use. Let
> me know if you get it working, I'd like to use it too.
> --
> "How could this be a problem in a country
> where we have Intel and Microsoft?"
> --Al Gore on Y2K

2001-04-19 06:41:19

by Craig Schlenter

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 02:34:05PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Jani Monoses <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > does the atyfb or aty128fb support this chip?
> > Device id of 4c4d.
> > Using 2.4.3-ac7.
>
> I have a Rage Mobility with the same device ID on my laptop
> (Compaq Armada M700) but haven't been able to get it working with
> framebuffer. At any rate, atyfb is the proper one to use. Let
> me know if you get it working, I'd like to use it too.

Tried a late model ac kernel and 2.4.4pre3. The ac kernel seems to
have a somewhat re-organised atyfb driver. Both fail dismally - I
see 'flashes' on the screen when typing stuff but the screen is
essentially blank. vesafb worked for the minute or two during which
I tested it but I couldn't get x running on top of the framebuffer
so I've gone back to normal vga console stuff and using a ati X
driver. Interestingly, the atyfb driver reported my card as 'PCI'
instead of AGP. Device ID is 4c4d. Machine is a Dell latitude CPt S600Gt.

I'd be keen to hear if anyone gets it working ...

--Craig